Stupid Quicktime

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Did I just read that Windows Media Player was a good alternative to iTunes.

Since when was iTunes useless? Last I heard it was used to feed 95% of iPods, which 95% of people have. (exadurated stastics)

I also hear it plays music.

I use mozilla-mplayer for every kind of video and have no problems what so ever.

The General said:
LOL. Did I just read that Windows Media Player was a good alternative to iTunes.

Since when was iTunes useless? Last I heard it was used to feed 95% of iPods, which 95% of people have. (exadurated stastics)

I also hear it plays music.

I use mozilla-mplayer for every kind of video and have no problems what so ever.

im pretty sure, not completelly however, that apple made it so that ONLY itunes works with iPods... although im sure you could add files yourself, its all encrypted when you put them on, which makes it harder...

but yeah, i read about this dude who was fighting for "digital rights"... he touched on that subject (how apple is limiting users) and then hes like "yes, i predict the next big battle is pirating video"... uhh... i think thats already here :confused:

he made that site mp3.com, now he sold it for like 5 million and started a site where you store your mp3's on it, and have a password... kind of like a locker, i think it was mp3tunes.com or something similar

or get this:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/news.html

and be done once and for all screwing with media files that wont play, and get a whole bunch of killer video tools that comes with it

you use a proprietary OS and you play by THEIR rules, deal with it or use the alternatives and never have to deal with it again

it gets much worse with M$ vista

you know the same could be said for wma and all the windows specific file types too, plenty of open standard open source choices but you will notice crApple and Microsuck use their own instead, imagine that

at least wma is compressed and still sound decent. In my experience Quicktime files are either huge or sound just plain crappy (and sometimes both).

Nubius said:
I don't have to own a mac to say it sucks. I've used them before, and for people like qiranworms who I know will slam me for this if I don't address it, it WAS during the OSX days.

As I said before, the UPDATE seems to FREEZE the BROWSER

Not quite the browser itself, but when I try to click "Continue" on the stupid update it just beeps at me.

The last Mac i used was an Imac with the CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive, blue.

It was 400Mhz, 128MB RAM, and...painfully slow. Never gonna use a Mac again. And can't you buy 2-button mice?

holy crap, ag3 is here!? Ag3 helped me out so much during my noob days!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom