Stupid People with Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metr01973 said:
LMAO, I can't believe how stupid some people can be. I sold a computer to a friend (a mistake I'll never make again) and she'd phone up at all times of day and night, saying can you come round and fix this or that, but on one occasion she went out and bought a wireless keyboard and mouse set and then phoned me saying that she couldn't get the mouse working. So at 11pm I walk about 1 mile to her house. I check out the mouse and I can't get it working, so I ask her did you put the batteries in the mouse and she said yes. I look in the mouse and she's put them in alright but with the plastic cover still wrapped round the batteries!!! I take off the plastic cover and hey presto, one working wireless mouse.

Dude, are you a freakin' retard? She wasn't trying to get tech support, she was trying to get freaky... RED FLAG, RED FLAG....

Dude, wake up... She wanted you to right click her mouse button.

geezzz... you didn't figure this out? You must be a kid... And adult would have pick up those signals 50 miles away...

jorsoft03 said:
At the computer store where I work it amazes me how illiterate some people can be. For example, too often I get people calling the computer tower itself some ridiculous name. Now, I can understand some one calling it the "CPU" and maybe even the "Hard Drive" but when some one refers to the tower as the "Modem" or the "Power Supply", a little piece of me dies inside. Even when I place my hand on the pc and call it a tower or desktop in a sentence to gently get my point across ("Oh, you mean the *tower* piece like this, right?" they usually don't get it and keep calling it the modem.
It gets even worse when this happens over the phone: "My modem won't turn on, how do I fix it?" /shudder
Does this bug the **** out of anybody else? Harper I'm sure you get this a lot. That and people butchering the achronym USB (UBS UPS USP etc) makes me want to strangle these morons with their own cables lol ;)

Haha, you're my new hero for putting up with that.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Dude, are you a freakin' retard? She wasn't trying to get tech support, she was trying to get freaky... RED FLAG, RED FLAG....

geezzz... you didn't figure this out? You must be a kid... And adult would have pick up those signals 50 miles away...

Apparently...he's 32...:eek:

HAVOC2k5 said:

Dude, I did but she's married to a good friend. I'm recently divorced and bringing up my 7 year old son by myself and I'm honestly really happy by myself for the moment. I moved from where I was living (and married) and moved 300 miles to get away from my ex-wife.LMAO So I've only been living where I am now for about 2 years and I've only got a few really good friends and I don't want to f**k things up. But on another point, she's f***ing hot and just had a boob job (34DD!!) and she always wears low slung tops. ahhhhhhhh, you never know.LOL

beedubaya said:
How many customers do you get still using dial-up compared to broadband?
Too many. What amazes me is that a lot these said dial-up users use AOL, which costs about $24.99 a month. You can get 256k DSL in my area for $26.99 a month, we even sign up in store and you get the modem for free and a free $75 merchandise card from Visa, but they almost never want it!

On the same token, I don't understand how people think that if they get broadband internet that they'll automatically be wireless without any extra hardware (a router perhaps? maybe a wirelss adapter for your other computers?). Also, it amazes me how many people who realize they need a router think that they'll have internet access while they're DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY! I've had customers call back and be angry because the router some one sold them works fine when they're in their house but not down the street! I never thought I'd have to but now whenever I talk to a customer about wireless stuff I make sure they realize that the range is going to be like 40ft max.

jorsoft03 said:
Too many. What amazes me is that a lot these said dial-up users use AOL, which costs about $24.99 a month. You can get 256k DSL in my area for $26.99 a month, we even sign up in store and you get the modem for free and a free $75 merchandise card from Visa, but they almost never want it!

On the same token, I don't understand how people think that if they get broadband internet that they'll automatically be wireless without any extra hardware (a router perhaps? maybe a wirelss adapter for your other computers?). Also, it amazes me how many people who realize they need a router think that they'll have internet access while they're DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY! I've had customers call back and be angry because the router some one sold them works fine when they're in their house but not down the street! I never thought I'd have to but now whenever I talk to a customer about wireless stuff I make sure they realize that the range is going to be like 40ft max.

I bet you also get lots of people who want to get a wireless router but they only have dial-up, and refuse to switch. I get that all the time.

I had somebody get mad at me last night after I recommended they replaced AOL with a broadband connection. They were complaining about the fact that their Internet wasn't any faster on their new PC. Sure enough they were using AOL dial-up, and when I told them that was the problem, they got real fussy.

What part of Minnesota are you in? The people sound lot like those in my area of Arkansas, surely its not Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Metr01973 said:
Dude, I did but she's married to a good friend. I'm recently divorced and bringing up my 7 year old son by myself and I'm honestly really happy by myself for the moment. I moved from where I was living (and married) and moved 300 miles to get away from my ex-wife.LMAO So I've only been living where I am now for about 2 years and I've only got a few really good friends and I don't want to f**k things up. But on another point, she's f***ing hot and just had a boob job (34DD!!) and she always wears low slung tops. ahhhhhhhh, you never know.LOL

Sorry to lower the tone of the thread.LOL

beedubaya said:
I bet you also get lots of people who want to get a wireless router but they only have dial-up, and refuse to switch. I get that all the time.
What part of Minnesota are you in? The people sound lot like those in my area of Arkansas, surely its not Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Yeah I get the wireless dial-up thing often enough , though not so much anymore. What I really hate is morons who buy laptops with wireless built in and assume that they don't even have to pay for internet anymore, they can just magically pull up webpages anywhere in the world! Then you slowly have to explain to them how wireless works and watch the expression on their faces change from a dumb smile to a particular blank, confused stared. Then you know you'll have to break it down even more.........

I live in North St Paul (A suburb of St Paul). Lots of people in my area have broadband cuz its pretty cheap but I get an *** load of ppl who refuse to paythe same amount of money for a faster connection, but who complain about it nonstop to me. Plus I get customers from more rural areas that only have the choice of dial-up or Shelling out $600+59.99/month for Direcway.
Another thing i hate about AOL is how everyone who's on it thinks they're invincible because of the free macafee crap that comes with it. They absolutely (and I mean it!) refuse to believe that the antivirus is decent at best and the antispyware component is one of the worst rated on the market. For their own good I tell them to buy Spysweeper for $30 but they refuse and sometimes even accuse me of trying to "talk them into something". I usually just say "Fine, our virus and spyware removal services start at $35" and hand them a pc services flyer. I see a lot of these people back after 2 months or so and I get a warm cozy feeling inside. "OH, SO YOU'VE GOT SOME SPYWARE ON YOUR PC YOU SAY?!?!" They usually buy the software after that too lol
I'm sure y'all get that plenty too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom