Stupid people. 1920's cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear god, I don't wanna understand relativity, it's to complicated, it can infact exist at the atomic level in fractions we can never comprehend.

Time travel is very possible just like teleportation. With time travel its relative to speed, astronauts time travel all the time but only by a few seconds. With teleportation its about having a computer and data link large enough to send the info of the arrangement of every particle in your body and be able to control particles on the other end, so Star trek teleportation anywhere and everywhere is impossible but the G-ould ring teleporters are. There are many things beyond the realms of physics that we simply don't know because we can't test them. For example the Gyroscopically spinning rockets that were sent off into space by Nasa 15 years ago (I apologise, I forget the name might be part of the vulcan project)are veering off course howver as they are gyroscopically stabilised that should be impossible for them to not fly straight.

It's Goa'uld, and it's from StarGate.
And teleportation IS in fact possible, and already has been achieved, through quantum entanglement. It's unstable, and they only could move a few photons a short distance, but it's possible.

Not trying to sound odd, but do you all recall these 2 good movies.

The FLY: involving inventing the use of transportation from one side of the room to the next ?

Back to the Future Saga mainly part 1 and 2.

Given at this point and time and seing as how technology has advanced greatly, could you say the hardware, information, and resources is ready for us to do this ?
Seriously folks, I don't think we are there yet, because Intel, AMD and yes Cyrix has said anything major that teleportation and time travel is nearly possible.
Even the smartest people in the IT who are working on this right now, could tell you it will be a good while before everything is done correctly.

A quad core, hexa-core, 32 core processor or super computer couldn't handle all that, even if so, lets say the computer has a seroius hardware malfuntion or we accidently knock out a power grid, who would totally be at fault for all this and imaged the massive problems it could bring.

It's one thing I learned don't ever push a computer to do something it cannot do and tells you point blank in cmd window prompt: it ain't working give it up!

I don't think we will see a controlled time travel, nor teleportation anytime in the future.

One thing that is interesting, wouldn't we technically be time traveling using teleportation? I mean, you would be moving along at almost the speed of light.

One thing that is interesting, wouldn't we technically be time traveling using teleportation? I mean, you would be moving along at almost the speed of light.
The point of teleportation is that you're not actually moving through space, you're skipping past/around bits of it (for example folding the 4th dimension, time, to move about in the third), or moving pieces of space closer to each to decrease the distance required (i.e. wormholes, sci-fi-style). Otherwise teleportation as you describe it would just be 'moving really fast'.

Edit: lol, I and just re-read your post. You were talking about relativity, nvm :D

Technically your hand is time travelling if you hold it above you head (relative to your head (and your heads location relative to the center of the earth) that is)

Yea, some laws screw with others if you think about it, due to relativity, in appearance to one object you would be traveling at such a high speed, that your are traveling through time, but, you are in fact, skipping around space by somehow, bending it over on it self. As is, the closest to teleportation that we have gotten to, AFAIK, is very much like time travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom