Stupid people. 1920's cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when we try to send particles at the speed of light what happens? POOF it's gone. It's well accepted that this could be time travel.

Besides I never said lightspeed.

Oh I know you didn't, that's just what I've heard most arguments for time travel base it on, bad assumption on my part good sir.

I must be more of a n00b on the subject than I thought. If accelerating particles to the speed of light makes them disappear, how are we able to smash to proton particle beams together? How fast are they traveling?

More like AWESOME haha. Remember a couple years back there was a small uproar of people, who knew nothing about it, saying it was going to create a big enough black hole to swallow the earth? Hahaha.

If that does happen, and they do cross the 99.99% barrier, that would shatter the special relativity theory.

So. Freaking. Awesome.

Well they actually are hoping for a black hole but according to them it wouldn't be self sustainable it would be less than 2 particles across. They're basically trying to find more info on dark matter, relativity, space travel, and a bunch of formulas that are only theories as of now.

I think they should fire it up that one special day in 2012. Let's go out with a bang not a Mayan apocalypse theory. ;)

I never said jumping to another time, it's the fact of relativity, if one object is traveling at a much greater speeds than another object, the faster object skips ahead in appearance to the slower moving object, while the faster moving object will see the slower moving object speed up in age. Take for instance, satelites, they always gain a few fractions of a second in orbit around earth compared to clocks on the surface due to the speed at which they travel compared to the speed we travel. Now if you could hit the speed of light, or go beyond that, then it is possible you can jump around any future time period of your pick, but, you have to be going fast enough, to be able to get there, while still alive, but, at those speeds, there is no known way to protect a human, yet alone, any particles that we accelerate to that speed.

I hope they find more info on dark matter, apparently since that makes up the majority of the universe, it would be the most abundant thing out there, but, we can't see it, well, we can, but we cant. :umm:

^kinda cool experiment someone did recently, proving time is relative even across very short (e.g. centimeters) distances.

Read any scientific article on relativity and your brain will explode.... it happened to me. My friend and I are reading A Brief History of Time and we both scratched are heads bald trying to figure the relativity chapter out. We now have an inside joke of *reach your hand out infront of you* "I'm in the future!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom