Stupid people. 1920's cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
'Time traveler' caught on film

A woman appears to be talking on a cell phone in this black and white footage from the 1920s. Theories abound>>

Early Show, Ellen, Regis and Kelly Recap - Yahoo! TV

Ya, so explain to me how a time traveler would use a cell phone in a time with no cell towers or satellites?

This is just like a couple of weeks ago when New York had a supposed UFO when a close up clearly showed it was balloons and a school had lost a bunch of them but people denied that and said it was a UFO.

People are so dumb.

I saw this same thing as a headline on a few websites. It's...so...stupid. So on top of time travel, she was able to keep that worm hole open, or whatever she used to get back in time, and send wireless signals through it. Yup. Makes perfect sense.

Haha, I haven't heard about that UFO thing in NY. That's equally as stupid. Let's just stick to mystifying the unknown instead of easily and rationally explaining such events. People are dumb.

Unless you can explain how time travel works, you can't say what would or wouldn't work, theoretically speaking.
So theoretically, she might have been using a mobile phone. On the assumption that time travel is possible, I can't offer up any conclusive arguments as to why it wouldn't work. Maybe the signal DOES head on back through the portal to a tower or something, how the **** do we know lol

So far, physics says no to time travel. We could get into a conversation about theoretical physics and speculate on what we laymen think could or couldn't happen someday, but the fact is nothing we know about now would make time travel possible. Besides that, you've got paradoxes to worry about. Would be cool if someone on the forums has their Master or PhD in physics and could get into a discussion about it, I LOVE this stuff haha.

It could be anything really. Maybe her ears are frozen and she is holding something against it. And I would like to know from which documentary/DVD this footage is.

^Explain how jumping to a point of time in the future, when it hasn't happened yet, is possible. Every person I've heard lecture and everything I've read, says the exact opposite.

Well since time is relative according to our current beliefs enough speed can bring you forward in time but relative space makes it so you can't go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom