stupid ants...they should get a new life

Status
Not open for further replies.
away from my desk.

these annoying little insects have been patrolling my closet for about a month now, i guess getting something from the carpet (where there was nothign to begin with) untill about 3 days ago, i brought a peice of steak in here and it was in some plastic. i forgot to take the plastic back into our kitchen trash, and left it under my monitors. just in that tiny bit of writing, i have smashed about 20 or so of them. i have tried everything to get rid of them.

posion is out of the question, becasue its my bedroom, and I dont want to attract them more by setting a trap.

2 days ago, I pulled my entire desk out, and used spic&span and wiped the whole thing down. yesterday I used comet. Today i used lysol. but for some reason, they keep going to the place where the food was. its starting to **** me off now. because they keep crawling all over my monitor, and everynow and then I see one or two going up the cable for my keyboard towards my computer :eek:. and on the desk to the right of me, which nothing s on, they like to swarm even after hours and hours of scrubbing with various different cleaners.

is there any tricks that you guys know about that can get rid of / kill ants with out killing our pets (and siblings, or me)? I mean im about 3 ants away from ....2 ants away from grabbing that can of lysol and a lighter and burning the little mother f....... its getting really annoying. every time i see one i smash it, and its like i kill one and two more come to replace it. its like a freaking war. help? before i pull everyting out of my room, steam my carpet, and raid my entire north wall of my room?

i mean come on, its like you kill one, and it should say,"EEK I DIED, DONT COME BACK!!!"...no no no, its like thyere saying, "EEK I DIED, SEND REINFORCEMENTS!!"

OH YEA, BTW THEY'RE FIRE-ANTS

What to Do If You Have an Ant Emergency

* Determine what the ants are attracted to and remove the food source
* Vacuum trails, wipe them with soapy water, or spray with window cleaner
* Locate entry points and caulk openings or plug with petroleum jelly
* Put out bait stations or apply gel bait at entry points
* Baits take time to work so continue to clean up trails
* Indoor sprays are not usually necessary

from Ants Management Guidelines--UC IPM

from what i was reading apparently ants are attracted to protein.....and i know protein stains pretty well. maybe that has something to do with it? try treating it as a protein stain. i reckon something like diluted white vinegar might help....or make it worse. one or the other :confused:

I already found a solution. either they hate the band U2 (song vertigo currently), or this thing i read on the internet is true. ANTS HATE DRYER SHEETS!!!! i am freaking suprised, i even ripped one up and made a circle with the dust from ripping them, put an ant in the center, he ran around the perimeter of it and sat in the center. so now i got about 15 dryer sheets ripped up and laying all around my room. not only are they keeping the ants away, they make my room smell good too.

i love google.

cant...dads sleeping. bass maybe, i got a 8" bazooka tube hooked up to a 20w amp that runs on 1A, but is supercharged off of 25A from a pc power supply...cranks at least 250W now...makes that darn thing bottom when all the way up.

at least I hope they dont like U2, that would suck, they would be havin a party inside my hard drive if they did

i mean come on, its like you kill one, and it should say,"EEK I DIED, DONT COME BACK!!!"...no no no, its like thyere saying, "EEK I DIED, SEND REINFORCEMENTS!!"

heh. now its me saying, "EEK ANOTHER ANT!!! BRING ON THE DRYER SHEETS!!!!"

I like to pour a few droplets of water on the trail or at least near their hideout. then i put sugar alllll around it with a few dead fruits. then i....just kidding lol.

they do have ant killers that look identical to sugar water. you just take a drop or 2 and place it near the source. they dont actually sit at the source and die there but bring it back to the nest. the rest of the ants think its a feast then die shortly after. theres a chance you might get more for a few hours but trust me its worth it.

yes, we have that bait for our sugar ants in the kitchen, works pretty good, but my dad is paranoid about them tracking it back over the counter.

oh yea, and i had to move my stereo to another room to try the music, lo and behold, they went scattering. maybe because I had my 8in Bazooka EL tube cranked to the max and then some, i mean, it was makin my chest feel weird, wonder what it was doin to the ants, because they went packing, and fast at that.

the song was U2 - Beautiful Day

I would imagine the vibrations were interfering with their antenna, the probably don't like that..

lol, I have that problem with spiders, my porch is full of them, sometimes the venture in the house, but I like spiders so they dont really bother me... I just leave them alone.. or pick them up and bring them back outside... lol anything that eats mosquitoes is ok with me..

i have cricket problems, from when i leave the garage door open, but i just squish them with a shoe

I use some stuff called bugStop, made by Spectracide. It kills everything, but it is clear, and it is odorless once it dries. It is safe for pets and children (once dry).

When I say everything, I mean everything. I use to kill spiders and crickets, an occassional ant column, waterbugs, flies (spray around the perimeter of the windows and doors). I don't think it kills fleas (don't remember) and I know it doesn't kill termites, but it kills darn near everything else that walks of flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom