Studying tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I find listening to the Braveheart soundtrack (mostly scottish themes, some bagpipes, some classical) draws me in more to whatever I'm reading or studying. It's almost like watching a movie... the music sets the mood. A movie wouldn't be scary if it didn't have the random shreeks and loud bangs.

Anybody have anything else up their sleeve?

Sure you can study more than an hour, just get up at points and walk around. However, if you're like me then you'll end up getting drawn into something else and the work never gets done.

I usually need to sit, with my iPod and just get to work.

Psychology has proven the following- Dont study for long periods of time, study many times with breaks. Because of retroactive and proactive interference study things that are differnt from each other consecutively. ex. If you have Chemistry, Biology, Sociology, English, Calculus, then you need to mix it up properly so you dont get interference from the other subjects ie. Chemistry-sociology-Calculus-english-Biology. Also there is something called the serial position effect where you memorize a list of things, the things you memorize at the beginning and end are most likely to be remembered while the middle are most likely to be forgotten. So structure your materials so that you study the most important things first, second most important things last and least important things in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom