STS-127: MMT Clears Endeavour for Fueling

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
nasa.gov said:
After the Mission Management Team cleared the lightning event that delayed yesterday's launch attempt, a "GO" was given for external tank fueling. Tanking operations will start at approximately 9:48 a.m. EDT. Liquid Hydrogen “topping” (gaseous Hydrogen vent valve cycling) will begin at about noon. Weather permitting, launch is scheduled for 7:13 p.m. The forecast is 70 percent “go” for liftoff.

I love these launches. You can watch them live on most TV networks or just watch them on nasa.gov

Anyone else interested?

yea but i'm confused

i've heard at almost every launch for the last 2 years that "this is the last shuttle launch before they are retired".......so when is this actually going to happen? they said they would retire them and start using the newer shuttle things (or start construction or something) many times..but I haven't seen it yet :\

They have run into problems with the replacement, it like it's predecessor going to be a "space plane" but it's going to use a interesting slightly concaved hull to assist in reentery of the atmo but something is wrong with the design and it could cause it to burn up even at the right vectors.

I try to watch all of them. You should get on vent sometime havoc.

i'm watching on nasa.gov atm......they said something a couple minutes ago about it being a no go over some weather system. only caught the last part of it so they might of been talking about something else though

EDIT: yep it's been cancel for today... they aiming for 6:51 tomorrow

Yeah, that sucked yesterday. I had the nasa stream on my desktop and was on the phone with my parents in Ocala, FL. It was very clear so they would be able to see the launch. But, of course they scrubbed the launch...

They should get it off tonight though.

Weather Outlook for Wednesday's Endeavour Launch: 60 Percent "Go"
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:37:24 AM EDT

At NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, space shuttle Endeavour is being prepped for a new opportunity to launch on its STS-127 mission. Liftoff is scheduled for Wednesday at 6:03 p.m. EDT.

With a 60 percent chance of favorable weather, Wednesday's launch outlook is an improvement over the previous two attempts. Tries on Sunday and Monday both were thwarted when bad weather approached the launch area, violating stringent launch safety rules.

The Mission Management Team will meet Wednesday at 8 a.m. to give a "go" for fueling of Endeavour's external fuel tank. With the managers' approval, fueling operations will begin at 8:30 a.m.

I'm surprised more people aren't interested in a shuttle launch. I mean, if you like technology, this is at the ultimate pinnacle of technology.

Anyway, hopefully they launch on Wednesday.

i was so ****ed yesterday...i was staying over at a friend's house and randomly popped out with "hey lets watch a space launch" and he agreed lol...watched for like an hour..then it was scrubbed again :|

i really hope they get to launch wednesday. I feel sorry for the astronauts too..i know they love there job but sitting up there for hours and hours just so it can be canceled must be annoying. Especially after it being canceled like 5 times in a month :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom