Strangest products ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love eating sushi on a regulare basis, but....
calroll.jpg

CALIFORNIA ROLL

But it's JAPANESE!!!!! :confused:

There was also my first computer job where my ideot boss was advetising just a BAREBONE (Case,Motherboard,Floppy Drive, CDRom) in the paper ; thinking that the average end user will under that you will still need to buy the extra bits.

Same boss.... 4Gb Dead Laptop hard drive. I knew the history of it as some guy got a IDE adaptor for it, plugged it in the his desktop computer some how shorted out the drive.
Orginally, my boss wanted $200 for it.
I reminded him that it did not work.
So he marked it down to $100. (Meanwhile I am still shaking my head)
So just to make a fool of my boss, i did put on the company website site. "DEAD 4Gb LAPTOP HARD DRIVE $100"

Silesia said:
Love eating sushi on a regulare basis, but....
calroll.jpg

CALIFORNIA ROLL

But it's JAPANESE!!!!! :confused:

There was also my first computer job where my ideot boss was advetising just a BAREBONE (Case,Motherboard,Floppy Drive, CDRom) in the paper ; thinking that the average end user will under that you will still need to buy the extra bits.

Same boss.... 4Gb Dead Laptop hard drive. I knew the history of it as some guy got a IDE adaptor for it, plugged it in the his desktop computer some how shorted out the drive.
Orginally, my boss wanted $200 for it.
I reminded him that it did not work.
So he marked it down to $100. (Meanwhile I am still shaking my head)
So just to make a fool of my boss, i did put on the company website site. "DEAD 4Gb LAPTOP HARD DRIVE $100"

lol what dumb boss :D

DAVID_15 said:
lol what dumb boss :D

OHhhhh... yeah.....

That that was some of his brighter ideas too.

During the 2000 Olympics, to avoid traffic chaos there was a lot fo companies making people start and finish earlier. This works well for some companys not for others...

BOSS :- Since there is a lot of other companies doing it, I would like it that all my workers start at 6am.
ME :- Why?
BOSS :- Because my sister who works at (factory) is starting early too because of the olympics.
ME :- Your sister can start any time of the day or night, and there will still work for her to do. In this computer store, I require some one to walk into that door. I don't see any one walking up 2 hours ealier so they can buy a computer.
BOSS :- But....
ME :- Prove to me that you sell a notebook computer during the olympic games between 6am and 9am. I will work for you for free for a week if you can.
The boss was smart to know that when I put my money where my mouth is, it normally means I am right.

I believe a picture of this was posted in original joke thread, but Nicotine Water? Bottled water containing nicotine...:rolleyes:

pippin.red.jpg

Strange enough for ya??

It was supposed to be the coolest video game system ever....:)

Apple_newton.gif

And this was supposed to recognize your handwriting... :laughing:

mac_mogul said:
pippin.red.jpg

Strange enough for ya??

It was supposed to be the coolest video game system ever....:)

Apple_newton.gif

And this was supposed to recognize your handwriting... :laughing:

The scary this is that I know a proud owner that has both of them.........

I remeber back in my Mac-Daze, and I remember the release of the orginal Apple Newton.

My thoughts were "Wow! $1000 for some thing that replaces the 25c Notepad."

Silesia said:
OHhhhh... yeah.....

That that was some of his brighter ideas too.

During the 2000 Olympics, to avoid traffic chaos there was a lot fo companies making people start and finish earlier. This works well for some companys not for others...

BOSS :- Since there is a lot of other companies doing it, I would like it that all my workers start at 6am.
ME :- Why?
BOSS :- Because my sister who works at (factory) is starting early too because of the olympics.
ME :- Your sister can start any time of the day or night, and there will still work for her to do. In this computer store, I require some one to walk into that door. I don't see any one walking up 2 hours ealier so they can buy a computer.
BOSS :- But....
ME :- Prove to me that you sell a notebook computer during the olympic games between 6am and 9am. I will work for you for free for a week if you can.
The boss was smart to know that when I put my money where my mouth is, it normally means I am right.

Did the dumb ass boss open the shop at 6 am :) :D

hygor said:
in a shop over here in the UK i found a car style ciggy lighter that fits into a cdrom bay... you have a real smoking problem when you need that!!!!

That's pretty serious when you take out a cdrom drive to install a lighter. lol

What's that game system up there? never seen that one..

I gotta say, some of the strangest games I've ever seen were back on the commodore 64, I played one game that was on a collection called 'top gold' or something (don't remember the name of the game itself.. Fred something or other) that gave me nightmares untill I was like 15 years old, and it was supposed to be a puzzle solving game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom