Story about breaking my hand in a fight. Ever broken any bones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I avoid fights...but I did fracture that same bone punching a friend when I was like 13. I had only recently hit puberty and couldn't really control myself...a friend was being really stupid and kept pushing me, so I punched him in the face and knocked him out in 1 punch....but I also fractured one of my bones and its a bit arched to this day if you feel it. Apparently it's called the boxer's bone and is broken when you land a punch wrong.

I felt terrible after I punched the kid and we are still friends to this day. sometimes only your best friends really know how to **** you off the most :p

That sucks about your hand, also I bet that kid you messed up isn't feeling great about the whole thing either. I'd like to say that in that situation I wouldn't have done that, but if you're wasted and angry and pushed to your limit it's very difficult to know what you would or wouldn't do. The lesson here is really to drink in moderation, it's taken me a LONG time to learn that. I still indulge a bit much occasionally, but usually only at my own home with people over or at a good friend's home. It's too easy to get into a fight here in Oxford on a night out...I don't know why but here there are a lot of kids just looking for someone to fight/stab/rape whatever.

People say americans are violent, but honestly I've never encountered a culture that drinks as much and gets out of control more than the British. It's a major problem here.

I kind of agree with you Gurusan. However there seems to be a lot of random kids fighting in america that get put on youtube. In the UK it's more drink related crime, and stabbing, lots and lots of stabbings :(

Binge drinking is a massive massive problem in the UK, thats were most of out fights are caused.

Excessive drinking is a big problem in the UK i agree, but if they stop selling it so cheap and "they know who they are" stop selling to underage kids it would be a start.

Scares me that mostly it's kids getting stabbed for some reason and as a parent to 3 and 8 year olds it does worry me as we live in the UK's second city.

Anyhoo, back to the topic and i have fractured my left wrist many years back at Senior School when i was in goal playing football (not gonna use the S word!) and dived to save a powerful shot but it kinda bent my wrist back and didn't realinse for a good hour or so.

Still saved the ball going in tho! :D

People say americans are violent, but honestly I've never encountered a culture that drinks as much and gets out of control more than the British. It's a major problem here.

we have a huge problem over here too. i really don't get it. why do people have to ruin everything by being stupid? whatever happened to just partying or having a relaxed drink?

we have a huge problem over here too. i really don't get it. why do people have to ruin everything by being stupid? whatever happened to just partying or having a relaxed drink?

ahh, no joke.. i love my friends.. when we drink... its a nice chill kickback, bring out the bbq, the beers, occassional shots, and pop in a movie or play some games

well all but 1 friend.. he is an arrogant ***** when he's drunk.. insists on being loud and annoying and wants to fight.. which is retarded.. he does not know his limits on drinking.. and one day.. is gonna draw me passed the line and get 1 to the face.. lol

but anyway.. as for fighting, i've pretty much been non violent all my life :) only had 1 encounter close to fighting.. dude called me out.. i punched him in the face... and suddenly we're not fighting anymore... retarded person..

next day all his friends call him a wuss and he's got a horrible swollen face for a week or 2

One Injury for me, I tore my patellar tendon in my right knee.

I was playing basketball at the park with my friends when i went up for a dunk and on my way down I land on a 5" ledge with a 45º angle at the end of court knee my body was going left and my knee went right...tore it right there, most agonizing pain I've ever been in. I'm fine now though :p

ouch, sounds painful. i did some cartilage damage in my right knee playing basketball. i copped a "corky" or a "cork" (impact on a large muscular area e.g. calf, thigh, bicep from a knee or an elbow, causes bleeding in the muscle) in the quadricep and in the same motion because my foot was planted my knee twisted and ouch :p

i feel that there is an etiquette to fighting, the key points:
  • people must know that it is becoming a physical fight, sucker punching is unforgivable
  • don't leave people if they're down, make sure at least someone knows. this depends on the situation though. if you've just been jumped in a back alley by people trying to kill you for your wallet then it's a bit different ;). i'm talking about the average brawl outside the pub.
  • one on one

^ ya sucker punching is a ***** but depends on situation, if its self defense anything goes, and if your sure the other guy is progrally gunna sucker punch u its better for u to strike first

ive never broke a bone in a street fight, ive even hit the forehead even the chin doesnt hurt Really.. I Hit Walls Which strengthens my hand up, Also if you cant throw a punch correctly you will Break your hand, Not saying you can or cant :)

But nice Story :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom