Storage solutions.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
How many people on hear are pretty strict with their Physical media organizational solutions. I have about two dozen wallets and DJ boxes full of media and I'm wanting to invest in something long term and a safe place for my DVDs and CDs.

I have wallets up on wallets, and spindles upon spindles but it now just looks tacky sitting their on the shelf collecting dust. Are many of you folks big on digital storage or physical storage as of were you have a hard back up or copy just in case.

What do you folks do on tf to preserve and store your medium.

I have an 8TB HDD as "cold storage" that I take out of my closet and back everything up to every ~6 months or so.

I also have an 8TB "hot storage" that backs up automatically once a month. I also have RAID5 on my setup at home in case a drive dies.

The super important stuff is backed up on Crashplan.

I have a rusty metal bucket in my shed that I pour the bits into

Are you talking about the destruction of the physical media.

Nah I was making a very rubbish joke :p

In reality, I don't keep any CDs or DVDs. I have a box of the ones I wanted to keep in my parents' loft. I own less than ten pieces of physical media, and that doubled last weekend when I bought Horizon Zero Dawn and was given the latest Call of Duty.

I don't even bother to archive shows, movies, or games any more unless they're particularly difficult to find.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom