Stolen Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro69

In Runtime
Hi
my laptop was stolen. i'm going to be doing a pawn shop search and contacting the police (it's early morning), however, i'm wondering if there's a way to find it electronically.

It's an LG K-1 laptop

sincerely

Where do you live? also how and where was it stolen? I have never had a problem with theft but I saw a chain type thing to lock up your laptop when it is in a public place.

It's pretty much gone for good, just hope you don't have any personal information stored on it. Like credit card information, social security, etc. Because those information are a plus to identity thieves, and it's pretty easy to break the login password on a Window machine.

Had this happened before. In the CENTRE of a city at a big B&Q store near leicester UK, middle of the day on a saturday - very busy. Cameras everywere.

came back to the car with my dad, the window smashed in, laptop gone. Police never found it - admitedly they probably never tried.

I just dont understand how someone didnt notice.

my friend left the car doors open in france and someone took his laptop, he was cross becasue he thought that they would install french windows on it

Hopefully you have the Serial number information, otherwise any attempt to locate it via contacting Pawn shops will be an utter waste of time.

Good luck in your search.

Work laptops come with thumb print logins and sat track and some other things but thats just because we have keep our data secure there are some other methods but company policy won't let me reveal ours

Jethro,
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. The others are right, unless you have a sudden turn of luck, it's gone. They are almost impossible to get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom