Stock Investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
u dont need a broker if u go through E-trade or those other online sites, u just open an account which they charge for then put what ever money u want in there and u can start buying stocks but they take like $10 or something everytime u buy. or u can get a stock broker from merril lyjch or charles schawb or whatever and they can pretty much give u advice and make the trade for u but they will have a higher commision. So i say just research some of the online ones likes scottrade or E-trade or plenty more and see which one has the lowest fees.

wow if u want to start going into stocks now, you might want to do some research. its not what most people think its like. this is a really bad year to be in stocks. with all the news about the deficiets for the next decade, the conflict in iraq, and so on, its the dumbest decision u can make. i strongly urge no one to join the stock market right now.

Funny, that's the same thing i heard last year but the company i was going to invest on went over double. Thanks for your concern though. i do understand that it's a bad year, i think it all depends on where you invest.

Thank you for your concern.

OCC fan? what are you on about?
try reading some reliable material, the only thing that is going to collapse soon is the house market (in the UK) but the rest of the companies on the FTSE 100 are suspected to rise steadily till at least the year 2008.

and Fitz fan- "you dont need a broker if you go thorugh E trade or other online sites". Those online sites ARE brokers.

ITwannabee. chances are you want a simple stock broker who just does transactions for you and charges a commision fee of about $10-$20 dollars per transaction, there are other packages offered by stock brokers that for an extra price $50 - $5000 send you newletters, portfolios and daily information about research they have done themselves. but you probably wont have money to waste for this sort of information, so just choose a basic transaction only service.

Things that usualy tend to make share prices rise:

- Higher than expected quartely profit reports - These fill investors with confidence so they invest more cash
- New contracts - Although contracts can go horribly wrong usually they result in extra income from the company
- Mergers - the shareholders will then be getting the profts of two companies
- Take overs - New management usually attracts new investors.

basically anything with will result in more profit being shown in the companies annual report will lead to an increase in share prices.

Thanks for the great info guys!!! This is exactly what i needed. when i get to work tomorrow, i will research on which stock broker suits me better. it will either be scottrade or etrade.

OCC Fan - thank you for your opinion and advice. I understand that there is a high risk of losing money but personally, i'd rather lose some money than let an opportunity pass me by again.

Thank you guys for the information!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom