Stock Investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITwannabee

In Runtime
Does anyone here trade stocks? i would like to start but i'm not sure how to. will someone please guide me towards the right direction.

Thank you.

ITwannabee said:
Does anyone here trade stocks? i would like to start but i'm not sure how to. will someone please guide me towards the right direction.

Thank you.

That's pretty interesting that you want to trade stock IT...why if you don't mind me asking?

Lol, first thing you need to do is start reading "The Times". if you think the business pages in there are boring then stop thinking about shares right now, if you find them at least slightly interesting then I can give you some more things to read and look at concerning starting out in shares :)

NOTE *The times only costs 50p a day so its a good investment if your looking to make your millions from stocks and shares*

I need to know how to start. like that site i need to be a member of. i already have a few companies in mind and don't mind reading more about others. i just need to find out how to start. like, where do i purchase? how do i transfer money and things like that. i apologize for not knowing the correct terminologies.

MatW- i would like to start because i think that i have an eye for business growth. i knew a couple of businesses that went up a few months ago and they were the ones that i had predicted. Since this is a new year, i figured that i'd stop talking and start putting money where my mouth is. I know that there is a possibility of losing money but i'm still young and i will still have plenty of time to recover my loss (in case i do).

Can someone please direct me to the right direction.

Thank you.

you need to be 18 to trade stocks with your own money, otherwise you will need a representative to do the trading with their accounts for you.

first thing to do is get a stock broker. try http://www.tdwaterhouse.co.uk

they are a well established broker and charge a fair 12 quid per transaction. But dont just think these are the best because i suggested them, there are plenty more out there (google it, and if all else fails i'll find a list i have somewhere) once you sign up to them and give them your bank details you can start trading in shares from then.

The UK stock market is located at http://www.londonstockexchange.co.uk
Its got all the real time share prices you'll probably need.

Have fun :)

ITwannabee said:
Do some research and study, wannabee. Jumping into the stock market is simple, but doing anything with it requires a little effort.

The only thing I can say is that TD-Waterhouse isn't the only brokerage firm out there. Figure out what you want to do, and with what market, then find a broker that can handle that for a fee and service you can handle.

Decide whether you're long term or short term, and how much you're willing to pay and lose.

And if you're not 18 yet...don't worry about it. The time for messing around with stocks will come.

bigmbxdave- Thanks for the information. That's exactly the information that i'm looking for. However, i'm here in California and UK stocks is something that i was not looking into. BTW, i'm already 22 so i'm legal to trade on my own.

is E Trade a stock broker? What are the charges like with E Trade? Please let me know.

Thank you.

ShoobieRat- Thanks for the advice. i don't know much about the business world but i'm willing to spend some money to learn about stocks. I have been trying to understand what makes stocks fluctuate and i believe i have a basic understanding. I'm not going to spend all of my money but i'm willing to invest one month paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom