Stereo-typical nerds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harper said:
DITTO. Most nerds don't look like Bouncers either (my case).

Then again, Vin Desiel is a D'N'D player. I have read some online interviews, and my responce is "This guy is a RPG Nerd"
(then again, so am I)

My defintion of a nerd isnt what they watch, or how they look...but a socially challenged person who has absolutely no life outside the internet. But stereo-typicaly this is what they are seen as.

Ulti_DOOM said:
My defintion of a nerd isnt what they watch, or how they look...but a socially challenged person who has absolutely no life outside the internet. But stereo-typicaly this is what they are seen as.
Well, if that is how you define a nerd, then that is not me.

However if you really want to see some thing really scary, rent out the following Documentries from your video store :-
B0002I83SQ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I've had the mispleasure of seeing the first 30 minutes of the first movie. It scares me that some of these people are allowed to live.

dear god... i think i seen one of them on showtime last week, isnt it a documentary about trek fans around the world?? they did Australia and man they made us look bad, interviewing drag queens and over obsessive single mothers that have rooms dedicated to their favourite characters...

About the nerd definition, it is changing.

Lots of "cooler" people spend waaay too much time on the internet as well now. It's becoming a highly social place nowadays.

No longer is the internet ruled by the smart users, it's now the mainstream crowd.

but there are people that spend daylight till dark on the net. AND have no physical social skills...thats a nerd. you can always use the net and not be one but some people just take it to that next level known as the nerdzone.

A Nerd is someone who is highly intelligent or work their *** off at school to get good marks

Highly intelligent people don't HAVE to work that much to do great, so those nerds actually have a social life. And potentially have hot girlfriends. A "real nerd" gets good marks, but needs to work for it. So obviously, they have no social life.

A Geek on the other hand has the worst of both worlds. It is a dumbass who has no social life. He tries to be good at stuff, but just too inept to succeed.

For example, a dumbass who is also a Star Trek fanboy.

But I think the term "Computer geek" has taken a somewhat positive meaning recently to describe a "Capable Computer User".

Anywayys, this is just what I think :)

DJ-CHRIS said:
Lets just say I am very different from the rest of you.

lol :cool:

Besides that thing everyone knows about me, I am very different from most of you besides the sexuality.

Everyones different from each other man :).. I think all of the regulars here probably could identify at least one quirk with any of the other regulars on here. :)

Ulti_DOOM said:
dear god... i think i seen one of them on showtime last week, isnt it a documentary about trek fans around the world??
The very same.

I have also seen the following :-
STAR WARS :- THE FANDOM MENACE - Documentry about Star Wars Fans. Filmed during the count down to Episode I.

Otaku No Video 1982
More Otaku No Video 1985
- It very dated and it only centers around japan, however it's about anime fans. It i had about 3 to 6 month of my life to waste and a video camera, I would do the updated version of this and have it forcusing on Western Otaku, and making a direct comparison with the East.
I know some one that is still in univercity that is doing his honers based on this.

The Role Players - Documentry about people that play Pen'N'Paper Role Play Games.

Chankama said:
Highly intelligent people don't HAVE to work that much to do great, so those nerds actually have a social life. And potentially have hot girlfriends. A "real nerd" gets good marks, but needs to work for it. So obviously, they have no social life.

Exact ;) And yet another perfect placement;
Nubius said:
I R TEH STUPID....CHANKAMA R TEH SMART
W00T :p :cool: :p

Chankama said:
A Geek on the other hand has the worst of both worlds. It is a dumbass who has no social life. He tries to be good at stuff, but just too inept to succeed.

ROFL! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom