STARGATE UNIVERSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
So..... Stargate Universe......

I am actually going to give this one a go. Reason why the previous SG series did not grab me was
1. The link between the old mythology and Gods I just could not get into.
2. Earth always seems to be a jump or two away.

So I am going to give SG:U a go.

I seen it this weekend and so far they manage to fit the history of the series in without repeating the past, It looks promising so far. The only reason I ended up following the star gate series was because I work second shift and it was the only thing that was on when I got home. Then I started recording it when they changed the time slot and have been hooked ever since, But this one seems to have a fresh story line without forgetting the story of the previous series.

Dauntae

We have a prity good discussion going on in the longest thread when I am at home and not on the slowest VPN connection ever I will copy the posts over to this one.

See i rather enjoyed the link between the Mythology and the program. It gives it a interesting twist. But really that is only SG1 for the first 6 seasons. When they are dealing with the G'Aould. Once they defeat all but Baal (Done later in movie form) and move onto the Ori story sequence it is pretty much all but done with on that aspect.

I didnt like Atlantis myself. At least at first. But i got to watching a few marathons and have given it a 2nd chance.

Honestly i am not going to give SGU a go cause of how they are going about this one.

Bring back Richard Dean Anderson (Col. Jack O'Neill), Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson), and Amanda Tapping (Major Smantha Carter) to guest spots on SGU when they said so long ago that they were going to break from using anyone from teh old series and make this a new one altogether.

I mean if you watched any of the old ones you can sooo see the resemblance in the characters.

Eli - Daniel Jackson : Outsider who was brought into the project and is out of place but has more knowledge than is expected
Dr. Nicholas Rush - McKay : Smart guy who hates to be wrong and always goes to far indepth to explain the simpliest thing
Col. Everett Young - O'Neill : Tough guy that is easy to like and willing to go out of his way to protect others.
1st Lt. Matthew Scott - Sheppard : Person thrust into authority and has to sink or swim. Takes on the challenge and excels.
Chloe Armstrong - Teyla : Strong willed individual who also shows her weak side.
1st Lt. Tamara Johansen - Dr. Janet Fraiser : Good willed Dr. (seen in more later seasons of SG1)
Master Sgt. Ronald Greer - Teal'c/Ronon Dex : Good intension character with a dark side
Camile Wray - Dr. Elizabeth Weir : Outsider caught on the inside.
Col. David Telford - Hammond of Texas (Name given to him by Bra'tac) : Good commander and a character people grow to love despite the tough decisions he is forced to make.
U.S. Senator Alan Armstrong - Richard Woolsey : Politician. Love to hate them but applaud them for the decisions they make.

Now dont get me wrong. I know that as much as they try to separate the new series it will always be compared to the old ones. But you can honestly see them mold these characters around those listed. I have watched the 2 hour series premier and i was pleasantly surprised. But i couldnt get that out of my head how much the new characters resemble the old ones.

I will give SGU a chance as i have it on DVR setup already. But they are trying to hard now to re-invent the wheel when it comes to this series. Stuck on a ship, no way to get home and so on. Numerous episodes of both previous series had several like this. Nothing of this magnitude, but then again if they did SGU wouldnt be here.

They tried so hard to separate them, but at the same time so hard to keep them all tied together.

I watched the premier and I found it quite interesting, don't have cable, so I am recording on a friends DVR... It would be great to watch on my tv... Instead I am stuck watching it on a small 20 inch tv :(

But, it seems a bit like Battle Star, and Stargate.. Both are my favs, so, this seems to be really interesting... I wish they would have talked a bit more about how far out in the universe they are compared to being at the milkyway... My fav part so far, the random gates in so many galaxies so far out, that will play an important role in the film... Because what will happen once the ship gets out of the galaxy they are in? What if they don't find the resources that they DO need? I am kinda hoping they can find a database on that ship that would show them more or less how to create ancient technology, that way they could supposedly create a ZPM or something to use to power the ship...

Anyways, I hope they don't cancel it after a season or two...

^hehe, don't get me started on the ship's power requirements, me and chris already talked about this in the longest thread in history. I will keep up with the show i think. I know it is a different show based on the other shows lightly, but if it continues to do things that would be impossible in the other shows then i will stop watching it. I also seen the resemblances you mention mak (well not all of them, but some)

I see them only cause i am looking for them. Everyone has their favorite character from each show so of course they are going to try and model the characters around them to try and make them more appealing.

But they did mention how far away they were. ;)

7 Billion Light Years.

It was kinda under the breath of Rush but it was said. It was interesting, but i will have to watch at least 1 more episode to see if i will stick with it.

I can't say I am surprised on the topic of the hook plot.

Failing ship systems and low power, how obvious was that. Seriously...

I mean, I knew it was going to be that soon as I learned that it would be about an ancient ship...

But other than the first seasons plot being obvious it looks to be mildly interesting..

I don't like that kids that they got for being the maths guru. He annoyies me.
I hope they put him in the first avalable air lock and open the outer hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom