Stargate: Universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Stargate very much as I do Star Wars and Star Trek, but this is to me a spinoff of StarTrek Voyager. Since it's going to be "Primarily" the ship. (Same concept in STV.) but I'm open to just about anything... Let's see what it'll look like.

I might see about trying to get into this series. So far, the only SG watching that I seen in S1-S3 of SG1 and really could not get myself into it.

I have seem some of the later S9, S10 episodes and I will confess that it looks good. However i really did not how SG1 Mixed SciFi with Modern Day.

I never really gave SGA a chance. That doctor guy annoyied me constantly. I should really get around to watching SGA.

I'm currently converting all of my SG-1 and Atlantis to AVI to I can take it with me, but I already have all the Star Trek, X Files, BSG, Firefly, Star Wars, etc... all on hard drive now... Years of sci-fi pleasure :)

So I guess you can say I'm a "Sci-fi head" instead of Trekkie :p

I was a fan of both sg1 and sga but I don't like the concept of Universe and if I watch it at all it will only be to figure out what the Odyessey's secret mission was.

I'm fairly sure the series is set in the present , most likely shortly after the Atlantis finale.

The ship was built by the Anchients and sent out to expolre all of the planets that they placed stargates on.

I don't understand why they want to go to the ship anyways. It was stated that the ship in Universe is much older than Atlantis which means it's very likely less advanced than the ships earth allready has.

But suposedly it is designed for more for long tern survival, ie millions of years of space flight are supposed to be easy as 3.1428571428571428571428571428571and it uses a supposedly ever lasting power supply.

I just hope that this isn't like voyager, and actually has a point to it other than oh noes we must go home.

The first episode of Stargate Universe should take them through the gate and end up in a SG1 episode.

To be honest, I was a huge SG movie fan (still am) and a huge SG1 fan. After the forth season or so from SG1, I just phased out of it. I've also watched a few episodes of SG:A and could never get into it.

"Ancient ship that is unable to return to Earth."

So apparently it is either right after atlantis, supposedly atlantis getting crushed by wraiths or some other life form like that guy predicted in the final season. That or the current movie that I have heard about could be leading up to SG:U. Either way it seems interesting as long as they don't pull a whole, we MUST RETURN HOME!#@ I would like them to try and show what the "mission" was instead of a voyager thing, but at the same time... I like the voyager idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom