Stargate Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my ****ing god, I am ****ing angry with this - SGA is the second best show on TV it's way to early to wrap it up unless i don't know there is some kind of total destruction of the city. We have the aliens from "The Dealus variations", "Michel" story ark to end, "Todd" the wraits story line to finish... When will they learn to not mess with the working show for what in all intence an purposes is a gamble with a winning formual.

OK let's get on to the 9th chevron thing - 8 was a littly dicey but i could understand it's not every day a gate would be dialing another galaxy so yea it could work but as most of the 1st series of SGA an prity much most of them till the gate bridge was finished they where hunting for a way for Earth to power the gate for long enough / often enough to allow for travel from one galaxy to another, this requiering a ZPM or a one off massive boost of power to the gate. Now a 9th cevron call would take what a whole ZPM or may be even two to power it long enough to get a decent sized team through the gate to make it worth it let alone feasable.

Oh an Mak is right BSG was WAYYY more popular over in Europe than in the USA, it was also planned to have a begining middle an end an to to over run like Star Treak (all of them) but we where lucky to even have that as it wasnt intended to get past the mini series (before season 1 episode 1) most people start at season 1 episode 1 an miss a lot of the story.

I saw a few episodes of Atlantis season 5
they were quite good, but They seemed to be rushing through things
[spoiler]
I mean, killing off Michal in the first episode of the season, then ending a storyline of the other Satidan guy (wraith worshipper)... and if that wasn't enough, ending the mystery of Weir in one episode
[/spoiler]

^^
]Spoilers for Atlantis 5.01 Search and Rescuse]
Michael could still be alive. They never found the Jumper they took over to his cruiser so its possible he escaped using it. I know he would need the anchient gene to fly it but with his abilities regarding genetic engineering I wouldn't rule it out.
[spoilers]

puddle I have to agree with you an there was a line from woolsy saying that he was seen by a former hybrid.

I think the weir thing was a little early to call after all what happened to that other one who infected weir after how long in a hostile environment with no obvious ill effects from being in hard vacume being exposed to radiation etc.

well when i read this i felt like KILLING MGM.

and gateworld says that universe is aimed at a younger audience. Im 16 and i like SG just fine. I hope they arent planning on doing something like BSG - i want SG to be about mythology, not character interaction. if i wanted that, i would watch some crappy soap opera.

Stupid MGM. Stupid Sci-Fi Channel.

Why would they cut it off after jsut 5 seasons...
Because they only planned the show to run for 5 season. They are wrapping up the big meta-plot and moving onto to some thing new and fresh.

However with that being said, it did not stop SG-1 for going on as long as it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom