Techist - Tech Forum

Techist - Tech Forum (http://www.techist.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.techist.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Stargate Continuum Trailer!!! (http://www.techist.com/forums/f6/stargate-continuum-trailer-173274/)

Da Viksta 04-21-2008 06:09 PM

Stargate Continuum Trailer!!!

For anyone who is interestes, the stargate continuum trailer is now up on gateworld!!!

GateWorld Play > News & Features: Continuum Teaser Trailer

Stargate Continuum is the second stargate SG1 film, but this one doesnt tie up with the ori story, it is a freestanding story for new poeple and hardcore SG1 fans alike based around the theme of time travel an Baal :D

I personally cant wait

Brinson 04-22-2008 12:09 AM

Re: Stargate Continuum Trailer!!!

I <3 StarGate.

Luke 04-22-2008 12:13 AM

they have done time travel a few two many times but i do like ba'al. I hope it is longer then the ark of truth.

killians45 04-22-2008 07:27 AM

Oh man... that earth battle is going to be epic.

Ste 04-22-2008 07:51 AM

I was quite dissapointed with the ark of truth..

Hope this entertains me better.

Iron Feet 04-22-2008 08:19 AM

I think its gonna be awesome.

Puddle Jumper 04-22-2008 10:50 AM

Looks awesome. I think Unending forced them to do time travel since no Goa'uld fleet would be a threat now that all earth's ships got the Asgard upgrades.

I am glad Richard Dean Anderson will be in it.

Silverlord 04-22-2008 11:23 AM

We love you richard dean anderson! no one beats him

Luke 04-22-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puddle Jumper (Post 1367454)
Looks awesome. I think Unending forced them to do time travel since no Goa'uld fleet would be a threat now that all earth's ships got the Asgard upgrades.

I am glad Richard Dean Anderson will be in it.

Well they could still be a threat, they don't have zpm's aboard every ship (if any) so there sheilding is still a weakness, they have been beaten down by three hatak before and even with there great new weapons that make even ori sheilding no match they could still be destroyed if there is enough hatak focusing there fire on only one target at a time.

So they would need quite a bit of ships to hold of a massive goa'uld attak...Im not sure if they have a lot since i have not yet seen the ark of truth, only heard it was disapointing and short.

Puddle Jumper 04-22-2008 04:20 PM

This post contains spoilers for Stargate Atlantis 4.11 Be All My Sins Remembered

Quote:

Originally Posted by luke992006 (Post 1367541)
Well they could still be a threat, they don't have zpm's aboard every ship (if any) so there sheilding is still a weakness, they have been beaten down by three hatak before and even with there great new weapons that make even ori sheilding no match they could still be destroyed if there is enough hatak focusing there fire on only one target at a time.

So they would need quite a bit of ships to hold of a massive goa'uld attak...Im not sure if they have a lot since i have not yet seen the ark of truth, only heard it was disapointing and short.

Even without zpm's the Daedalus and Apollo were still able to take out multiple Aurora class Ancient warships with relative ease. Their shields were also able to withstand fire from the Ancient drones so they must have been upgraded. Based on the Asgard beam weapons effectiveness against the Ancient warships I would say the could destroy a Goa'uld mothership with a single shot. Plus they still have the Antarctic Weapons platform.