star wars question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekÆsine

Fully Optimized
Can anyone tell me what does initializing the death star mean? I've heard this phrase in many jokes, but I just watched the entire star wars trliogy (2004) and I heard no references about initializing the death star. Google turned up nothing either.

Thanks Harper. I've heard that the failure to initialize the death star was the reason why it was destroyed, but in the movie the reason why it blew up was because luke destroyed the reactor by hitting it with a missile causing a chain reaction failure....unless I'm missing something?

ekÆsine said:
Thanks Harper. I've heard that the failure to initialize the death star was the reason why it was destroyed, but in the movie the reason why it blew up was because luke destroyed the reactor by hitting it with a missile causing a chain reaction failure....unless I'm missing something?

Not so. Those REBEL SCUM (sorry, I'm IMP player on SWG) could of destroyed the death star at any time whether it was or was not powering up the death star canon.

It was basically co-insodence that luke managed to drop a missle down the death star's primary exaust pipe just as it it was "initializing". The objective was to destroy the core. The fact that it was powering up the Death Star Canon was it was getting it wouldn't of helped matter any either. The core would of been running as 100% and then WAM. This piddlely little missile hits it.

Meanwhile in Return Of The Jedi, you think that the IMPs would learn the lesson of "TOP PUTTING EXAST PIPES on DEATH STARS"
It was obvious that they did change the Death Star Plans so you could not simply fire a missle down an exast pipe. Instead they, did succeed in changing that part of the plan by putting a lot more twist and turns in the exast pipe. However the demenisons on the new exaust pipe was big enough that you could squeeze a YT1000 Millenium Falcom down it.

That clears up quite a bit. Thank you very much Harper. Curious, you seem to know a great deal about this. I'm guessing SWG refers to a game? is that where you got this information or did you get it from a website? I'm very interested in learning more about star wars.

There is so much mythology behind the stories. Some people say that Lucas was just a 2nd rate director and writer. The sucess behind star wars was due to the people working under him. After seeing espidodes 1 & 2 I would say Lucas is analogous to Bill gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom