Star Wars Ep. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I'm going to go with the stereotype and say most everyone, if not everyone here are Star Wars fans. Like most Star Wars fans, I love the first 3. Actually, they are 4, 5, and 6 but you know what I'm talking about. Episode 1 was alright, slightly entertaining. But as a Star Wars fan, I hated it. It was blasphemous! The second one, forget it. Terrible movie. not good by any means. Now it is time for the third one to come out. From the other 2 new ones, one is led to believe it is going to be nothing but terrible. But I have to tell you, from the trailers I've seen, it could be good. This episode has a lot of potential, and a lot to do. It has many holes it has to fill, stories it has to end. This movie could either be really good or really suck.

Slashdot.org had an article, pertaining to the new reviews of the movie. Suprisingly, they are very good. I'm rather excited for this movie, and am looking forward to seeing it.

thoughts, anyone?

http://slashdot.org/articles/05/05/10/1157206.shtml?tid=101

Edit: Apparently, Lucas thinks the movie will bomb.
http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/05/03/Arts/lucas050503.html

While we are on the subject of George Lucas:

I think he is a great director, done some great films, and great collaborations with Steven Speilberg. Unfortunetely though, I think Lucas faces a grave problem. He has become famous because of Star Wars, really nothing else. He has been riding on that success for 25 years. Now the saga has come to and end, and he cannot make another SW movie. Now he has the difficult task of reinventing himself. He has become synonymous with the name 'Star Wars' so much that most peoiple only know him from these movies. Some people will go as far as to say "I thought those were the only movies he has ever done" This is not good for him. Lucas will now have to create a movie, to either rival or better the Star Wars trilogy if he wants to stay current as a good director. And not become a has-been. Good luck, Mr. Lucas. My hat is off to you.

Well, the problem with the prequel trilogy is that many Star Wars fans went into the movies expecting the original Star Wars experience, when in fact the prequel trilogy is telling a completely different story. The classics are telling the story of Luke Skywalker and the Rebellion, and the prequels are about the Emperor's rise to power. The only complaint I have about the prequels is Jar Jar Binks and also the actor they chose to play Anakin in episode 1. Episode 2 was great IMO, a lot of people complain about Hyden Christiansen, but we will see in Episode 3 why he was a good choice. As for Yoda fighting with a lightsaber, which many Star Wars fans complained about, I don't see whats so wrong with this. He is the greatest Jedi ever after all, wouldn't you expect him to have some lightsaber skills? Thats just my two cents on it.

beedubaya said:
As for Yoda fighting with a lightsaber, which many Star Wars fans complained about, I don't see whats so wrong with this. He is the greatest Jedi ever after all, wouldn't you expect him to have some lightsaber skills? Thats just my two cents on it.

no, the movie needed that. That scene was INSANE! I, personally, loved it. Yoda has been built up to be the greatest Jedi ever, but all we see him as is an old man who talks funny. But all of the sudden he comes out of nowhere and tools on Dooko. That scene was great, either for comedy or evolution of his character, I thought it was killer. I was by no means dissapointed or even a little bit irked by that scene. I think Yoda deserved that.

I agree that the first Anakin sucked, that little kid couldnt act. I do hope this movie is a good one, I would like to leave my beloved series on a good note rather than the bitter taste currently in my mouth about the last two. I realize they were different stories, but they didnt have the same feel, they were just special effects extravaganzas. Movies need to start getting over what they can do and focus on what they should do.

As far as it bombing I do not think that is possible. Even if it is horrible tons of people are going to see it.. end of story.. there is just no way for it to bomb financially.

i think the luke series was the best no matter what. i still watch that on good ol VHS. now the first 2 are just freakin love stories and they sucked, this 3rd one is supposed ot have lots of blood shed and alot of the dark side. i thikn its personally great becasue you see how anikin becomes darth vador. totally awesome. now on the yoda thing i think that was freakin sweet. i always wanted to see the greatest jedi battle w/ a light saber casue i got tired of hearing him say use the force and all that. now that ive seen the great use a light saber and totally kick all ass i am satisfied. yoda is awesome, point made :)

Well, it exactly 1 weeks time, I should be getting ready for the midnight screening.

Unfortunatly, I am not dressing up as a sith apprentance. The need for some clothes to wear for this winter outweighs the need to puchase a costume for one night.

I am wearing a Sith robe, with a lightsaber hilt. I am also getting some red or yellow contacts to wear to the movie. :p

Not really, but a guy I know is doing it....

beedubaya said:
I am wearing a Sith robe, with a lightsaber hilt. I am also getting some red or yellow contacts to wear to the movie. :p

Not really, but a guy I know is doing it....

Are you sure it's not you? I mean, it says you DID edit your post. What I'm thinkin is that you said that, posted it, and then realized that it made you look like a tool, and slapped that last line on there. ;)

yeah that's like when you go to the shrink

"I have this ummm friend see....."

we all know what that really means :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom