Star War's come's to tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shumway

Fully Optimized
(KP International) It has been announced to the joy of Star Wars fans everywhere that George Lucas's world of Jedi knights and wookies will live on in a 100-episode TV series.

The 'Star Wars' movie series ended with last year's prequel 'Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.' That's just where the series will begin, following Luke Skywalker and other beloved characters growing up, as well as the rise of Darth Vader's evil Empire.

The series will attempt to fill in the blanks of the 20-year span between Episodes III and IV.

Don't expect to see any familiar faces from the galaxy far far away, though. The only castmember currently scheduled to appear in the series is Anthony Daniels, who plays C3PO.

"We're very excited we just got confirmation George Lucas has committed himself to writing the 'Star Wars' TV series. I guess this is the news all fans have been waiting to hear," said series producer Rick McCullum. "Hopefully if we can make it work and everybodys excited and watches it we will keep on going.

I'm not a diehard starwars fan, but I do own the whole series and enjoy all the movies.

A 100 episode series could be pretty cool, but it really needs to have tons of current day special effects and MUST HAVE THX sound. If they don't do it right, it's going to suck. It'll will just be another failed series.

From what I hear, they are planning on filming it down in australia again. It would not suprise me if they hire half the cast from FarScape. One of them being Wayne Pygram.
He playied Governor Tarkin (StarWars) and Scorpius / Harvey (FarScape)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom