star wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
FadingTheory said:
Also... does anyone know if Luke was REALLY stronger then Anakin? I know Luke won the light saber battle... but so did Obi Wan, and we all know he wasn't as strong as Anakin in the force. Some of the books practically make luke a god.

Hard question....

When are you compairing Luke with Anakin, at what time period / age.

If you are just going to leave it as the movies, and forget about the EU stuff, I would have to say Anakin Skywalker.

- Anakin had formal jedi training. Luke only had a crash course from Obi Wan and Yoda. Even if we include stuff from EU, Anakin was getting taught stuff that was all ready in place. As where Luke would spent a lot of his time building the Jedi New Order from scratch. In a way, Anakin did have a crash course in the jedi training. If you seen the Clone Wars Cartoon, Anakin completed the last trial of his training on the battle ground. It was then he had a vision about him becoming Vader. Simulare to Luke when he fought Vader in Episode V with the classic line of "I AM YOUR FATHER!!!"

- Anakin lived his growing years as a padowan. Luke lived his growing years as a farmer.

- Anakin has been a lot more combat accross the universe because of the clone wars. Luke practicely wet his pance in the Mos Eisly Canteena.

- Finally, i was playing the Star Wars Role Play Game (West End Games), and I compaired episode V/VI Vader's stats with episode V/VI Luke Skywalker stats.....
Vader was really holding back in both duals. And I have been told that with all the cybernetic that vader had, this would of made Vader Jedi Powers weaker.

So I would say, Anakin.

George Lucas himself said that in the suit...Vader was 80% as strong in the Force as the Emporer. However, had it not been for the fight on Mustafar that doomed him to the suit, he would have been twice as powerful as the emperor. He lost much of his force abilities when he lost all 3 of his remaining limbs on Mustafar. In the end though, Luke was the stronger Jedi...but you have to consider the EU stuff to realize that. In Episode 6, he was just beginning to become a powerful Jedi Knight.

I thought the movie sucked, the acting was terrible and the graphics were not that amazing.

Chankama said:
Anakin Skywalker "the one who will bring balance to the force":
Like what was wrong with THE FORCE with it in the first place?

Like I have followed a lot of the EU stuff, and it seems to be nothing but an endless cycle of death and rebirth for SITH and JEDI.

TAILS OF THE JEDI (Dark Horse Comic) - Start of with Jedi, then the Sith and then back to the Jedi.
KOTOR - SITH ARE IN POWER
EPISODE I, II, III - JEDI ARE IN POWER
EPISODE IV, V, VI - SITH ARE IN POWER
JEDI KNIGHT, JK2:O, JEDI ACCADEMY - JEDI ARE IN POWER

well i <3 star wars more than anything... my comp is star wars themed... star wars toys, star wars pet names lol.
episode 3 was awesome, not better than empire, but tied with New Hope IMO.
and yea, Greeves wasnt really a robot, he was both living and mechanical...

couple things in new movies compaired to old ones that just is dumb...
-things explained in Clerks Cartoon episode 4 (if u havent seen it then nvm)
-jedi kick so much ass with their moves and skills in I II III, and in IV+ they arent half as good (example: vader/luke battle in Jedi)
-R2D2 is almost a battle droid in I-III and can barely walk in older ones
-Chewbacca in III, sdo he's a high ranking wookie in III then he's a bounty hunter in IV, i guess thats ok, but i dont think he should have been shown in III
-the way Anikin became dark... in about 30 seconds he comes from feeling horrible about what he does and carring about people, to killing Windu and all jedi cuz of Padme.

-and probly the MOST DISTURBING thing is in III, when the republic turned on the jedi, the jedi died how they did! I mean, in the other movies they are taking on 50+ advanced battle droids or 5 destroyers, and they surive w/o a problem, then 3 troopers take out master jedi? wtf is that!!!!!!!!!

lol no offence but... Harper "Luke practicely wet his ***pance*** in the Mos Eisly Canteena." lol

eatbutt said:
lol no offence but... Harper "Luke practicely wet his ***pance*** in the Mos Eisly Canteena." lol
Point taken. It's been a while since I have seen the orginal trilogy.

Then again, my last housemate sorta put me off star wars for a bit.

FadingTheory said:
All I can say is thank god its over...

That is just plain stupid.

You are a stupid-head from now on.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THE MOVIE!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO STAY FOR THE MOVIE!

So don't go complaining about it being so long and hard to deal with when you elected to see it and sit there throughout the entire thing.

And that goes for Eps. 1/2 as well.

Alex81388 said:
That is just plain stupid.

You are a stupid-head from now on.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THE MOVIE!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO STAY FOR THE MOVIE!

So don't go complaining about it being so long and hard to deal with when you elected to see it and sit there throughout the entire thing.

And that goes for Eps. 1/2 as well.

Well, hello retard.

As far as I'm concrened, Star Wars was a movie that most people where obligated to see... regardless, in hopes that it would be better... nope.

I payed 10+ dollors for that movie, I am going to stay.

And I can complain all I want. Just because I didnt have anything positive to say dosn't mean I can't say anything. SOmeone said it was the best, I said it was the worst, and I backed it up with reasons I have.

Moving on...

-and probly the MOST DISTURBING thing is in III, when the republic turned on the jedi, the jedi died how they did! I mean, in the other movies they are taking on 50+ advanced battle droids or 5 destroyers, and they surive w/o a problem, then 3 troopers take out master jedi? wtf is that!!!!!!!!!

They died so easily because they were betrayed. Alot of them were getting shot from two directions, or were simply to shocked to realize what was going on untill it was too late.

Oh, another question... when did they switch from clone troopers to stormtroopers of normal people?

First off, no need for name calling, and second of all...don't start flame wars. Especially in this thread as I enjoyed reading it until the last few posts, and when this thread is done and over with it will probably be a awesome thread -- if it doesn't get locked before then.

FadingTheory said:

They died so easily because they were betrayed. Alot of them were getting shot from two directions, or were simply to shocked to realize what was going on untill it was too late.

Oh, another question... when did they switch from clone troopers to stormtroopers of normal people?

Yea, that's why they died IMO.

Because clonetroopers were no longer needed after the emperor had taken over, and they were an unnecesary expense. After the emperor took over.....do you really think everyone went with the flow? I could imagine that there were still a LOT of rebellions and/or wars which probably killed most of the clonetroopers, and they had to resort to stormtroopers. That's just my opinion, and I haven't researched that any.

-Chewbacca in III, sdo he's a high ranking wookie in III then he's a bounty hunter in IV, i guess thats ok, but i dont think he should have been shown in III

The books explain this. Try reading them. :p

I thought the movie was great. It explained a LOT, and as for there being enough content to make two movies.....That's true....to a certian extent.

The wookies were inslaved, and Han Solo saved a ship load of them. Chewbacca joined forces with Han later on.

And I think Han Solo learned wookie because he grew up with some...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom