Sprint is a liar...?

Thorax_the_Impaler

Minecraft Veteran
Hello everybody! And thanks for your time and/or answers!

So recently I jumped on my family's Sprint plan with an iPhone 4. Now supposedly this plan offers "unlimited" data, and I was wondering how true this actually is? I've had "unlimited" data in the past with other carriers, and there was always some annoying catch having to do with communication speed or priority after you passed half a GB or so. So what's the catch with Sprint's "unlimited" data plans?

I have Sprint and can confirm that they do not throttle you for data use. Last month I had 7 GB of data use without any throttling. They also offer free mobile to mobile, regardless of carrier.

Now, back in January of 2012, the Sprint CEO stated that they could knock people off who were abusing the data plan, but when asked to clarify, Sprint stated that that would be for people who tried to use their phones as a modem by tethering it to other devices. They will also cancel your contract if your data consumption is deemed too high while roaming.

Edit:
Added last month's usage as a reference. Again, no throttling.

Attachments

• Usage.JPG
    Usage.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Every contract is different. Sort of like how some people on ATT are STILL grandfathered and others get limited. He could try using over 2 or 5GB worth of data and be capped still. It could be global but it could also not be global.

Guess I can't tether then. :/ Truthfully I don't think I'd use more than 2GB in a month. So far for this month, I've reached about 1.3GB and I haven't seen anything I'd count as throttling. However, the towers in my area are acting screwy and have been under maintenance for like, a month and a half. Still going actually.

Back
Top Bottom