Speeding Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
but you might get lucky i was driving one night without my license (i didnt forget it at home i never got it) and i got hit by someone from my school WITH their license who was speeding
so right off the bat i knew i was screwed but turns out he got blamed for the wreck because he was speeding and he wasnt spoused to be driving after 9 (this was at like 11 pm) and all i got was a ticket for not driving with a supervised adult hehe
they didnt say "ok youll have to wait till your 18 now to get your license" i called the insurance agency i would be put on when i get it and the rates did not go up a cent

You got very lucky. Technically, you were driving without insurance, too, because insurance does not cover actions of an unlicensed driver ;)

if you're going to contest the speeding ticket you need to do A LOT more research. find out what he was using to get your speed. radar? laser? radar isn't too hard to beat in court if you know what you're doing (I've done it!) but laser is pretty much dummy-proof.

in court, you need to cross-examine the heck out of the officer.

-ask him when he was last trained. how many people in the class? if it was a crowded class, there's the possibility he might not of learned the proper techniques adequately.

-how long has he been operating that specific type of speed gun? inexperience can mean a lot....

-research his speed gun on the internet and ask him how to calibrate his speed instrument and see if he gets that right.

there are tons and tons of other things you can ask that might reveal a slip-up....but you have to do your homework. take notes and come prepared with at least 2 pages of questions and notes. be respectful. speak proper grammar. dress up in at least a tie....consider a jacket/blazer too.

in my experience, though, cops are right on and have their butts covered most of the time.

in my case, i was able to beat a radar claim that i was speeding because i was very close to a large truck, and radar only measures the largest object in its field of view.....in this instance, the truck.

laser is pretty much bullet proof and the only thing that could mess it up is if your car was made out of chrome and the sun was reflecting just right.

do your homework. you won't be able to walk into the courtroom and give some lame excuse and walk out scott-free

wow molsen i really appreciate it. I'll get working on some questions. I'm contesting both tickets, however I'm really pushing to get the speeding ticket dropped because to me it seems more plausible where as the other one, probable cause = i looked suspicious, i've heard stories of that holding up in court so really i'm banking on the cop not showing, but also i don't yet have a scheduled appointment for this ticket and i'm moving so that will be extremely dificult to work in somehow :-(

Also a speeding ticket hurts my insurance more than a license infraction or w/e its called

The reason the speedometer wasn't fixed right away was because it was discovered later as I drove past a radar which i thought may have been broken but another one also said i was going too fast.... to be honest i'll show the car is not in my name (not even the same last name), as well as a reciept for the speedometer that was fixed up (made an appointment at least two weeks ago to do so). Other than that I do not drive the cars.

I keep missing the business hours of the court here... anyone know how to carry out a written contest to a ticket in the state of washington / if it is possible?

**** i'm so ****ed if both cops show up to the hearing :-(

apparently over the whole nation i have a 60% chance that at least one of them will not attend / answer the written response.

sorry if any of this sounds retarded but i typed it over the course of a few hours while messing with other stuff

so you can't take a driving class for one of the tickets? that will allow you to avoid points right away on one ticket. then take the other to court and if the cop doesn't show, you're good. and if he does show, ask for adjudication withheld and you won't get points on that ticket either.

****if you contest the ticket and lose, you will almost always end up with additional court fees along with the original fine + points on your license****

Washington Ticket & Traffic School Guide - DMV.ORG

Washington DOL Point System - Guide to WA DOL Points & Suspensions - DMV.ORG

dude you have to get FOUR moving violations in a 30-day period to get your license suspended. contesting these tickets is a risk that might not be worth it

question - i just read somewhere about your right to a "fair and speedy trial" which in mosts states i guess is 45 days. My trial has been set for at least 75 days since the infraction, would i have grounds for dismissing the case because i was not given the right to a speedy trial while never waiving my rights?

so you can't take a driving class for one of the tickets? that will allow you to avoid points right away on one ticket. then take the other to court and if the cop doesn't show, you're good. and if he does show, ask for adjudication withheld and you won't get points on that ticket either.

Is this an option in any state? because i haven't heard anything about it before.

are you saying just ask for the judge to withhold his sentence? or did i misread that last part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom