Speeding Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol my drivers ed book has the driving LAWS in it
do you not understand what a drivers ed book is???? it is made to teach upcoming drivers the laws and what not

the whole "you can do errands for your parents" makes no sense because your parents would always say "yea he was doing this for me"

Your driver's ed book isn't a law book ;)

I've looked up the actual law, and it does say that ;)
Show me! All the law stuff is online, if you have the time to find it. Personally, whenever I tried looking at the legal writeup of our laws, it became incredibly tedious having pages for one simple thing... :eek:

I don't know where you're getting these ideas about 10 MPH being disregarded in Arizona, but anyhow, these courts have heard it all. The more games you play with them, the more you'll be hurting in the end... unless you play your part extremely well, like Molsen apparently does? :rolleyes:

Your speedometer excuse isn't going to hold up... especially in a 25 zone, meaning houses and such? Now maybe if you were doing 30, then you'd be 1-2 over which may be believable, but yeah... you were technically speeding either way, and with no extenuating circumstances, it's over.

Then the curfew excuse: it doesn't mean a thing - this is black and white - you're guilty... the end. (Not to be mean, but "he had no reason" will never work against a cop, nor any other excuse you made up above.)

first part about the 10mph, my insurance company which i called. Also if its under 10mph I at least qualify for a reduced fine, so why not take it to court?

our city speed limit is 35 and basically everywhere except 20ft wide streight lanes its 25mph, not thtat thats an excuse but yeah

I thought i said somewhere before i was ****ed with the curfew one. Once (...if) i get the speeding one taken off I'll be attempting to get the curfew one deferred. Usually judges / the city enjoys doing this because it means either you learn to drive safely as a minor or you if you get a ticket both hit your insurance and BAM ur completelly scewed. Also its a pretty liberal state and the judges aren't too mean... i actualy know two of the three main ones, not saying that will help but just saying they are a little more friendly than other judges i've met

So right now my plan is to contest the first, i am at least able to get a reduced fine of some kind or lesser punishment, then defer the other so if i dont get a ticket in the next year it goes away. One bad thing is that you can only defer a traffic ticket like once every 7 years... so if i'm caught doing something REALLY bad it would be definatly on my record :-(

Overall i'm not too afraid i'd get a ticket in the next year because since getting the first ticket i NEVER speed or do anything else bad... i actually didnt know about the curfew thing because i was just coming home from a party but i guess it is a *****...

ok clear something up for me
when you say curfew do you mean the 9 pm curfew for people with a limited license
or
is it a curfew that has been setup by your city?

In Canada, the only reason you can be driving past curfew is for work or travel reasons. That not apply in the US?

Curfew is 12 AM here though...

The curfew laws in the US are different for each and every city that enacts one, which makes it hard to know exactly what the case is. And virtually NONE of those city laws are available online. You have to go down to the courthouse and ask for it. States laws and US laws are online, but most cities do not keep their individual laws online.

And the driving book is released per state, I believe. Might even be one for the whole country. You can't expect it to be accurate on a law that varies from county to county.

^thats why i repeatedly said "thats here though"
but in all the places i have been the curfew laws are almost exactly the same

In the UK we don't have a curfew but I think for the first few months you can't drive on a moter way I got my licence from the army so I am ok for any road :)

no it was curfew as in breaking part of the intermediate license law... apparently you cant be driving between 1am and 5am unless its related to agricultural production or someone 25 or older is with you

to me that sounds absolutally rediculous would they rather i get totally baked and just come home at 7am or something?! I mean wth kind of party ends at like 12:30 and gives you exactly 30 minutes to get home?? It wasn't even that much past 1 i left the party at 1..... it was like 1:23 or something when he pulled me over its rediculous!

i swear the cop also had down syndrone or soemthing he was all studdering and couldn't understand what i was saying.... he claimed he saw me drive past the other direction, turn around (u-turn), then drive past him.... i pulled into McDonalds to grab a ****ing big mac cause i skipped dinner i mean wtf his story is ******** but i guess i'm already "proven guilty" with the ticket even though his recollection of the event 10 seconds before it happened was already messed up

i think the only way someone can become a cop is if they're like a middle child or something in their family and get screwed by their parents (not literally)... they feel all neglected and then they decide they need power the little *****es

/rant

i mean really though, for 23 minutes late he gives me something to **** up the rest of my year, and after it all tries to make it all better by telling me to have a good night...... how can i have a good night after wtf u just did?

eh i'm just ****ed

^well considering you knew about the law before hand you should of planned around it
and not only did you drive past your curfew you couldnt just drive home??? why did you stop at the Mcdonalds??? you may have made it if you had just went home
and your curfew law is alot better then ours, here in NC you cant Drive between 9 P.M.- 5 A.M. so you really have nothing to ***** about

lol what kind of party doesnt end until 7:00 A.M.???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom