Speeding Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but there are ALOT of legitimate defenses for curfew...one of which being that you were doing something for your parents...

Maybe his mom told him to go to a party? Who knows?
This does not sound realistic, unless it was an emergency. If that were true, all parents would say they told their kid to do something...heh.

lol your parents aren't above the law so that would never stand in court

the only way to get out of the curfew thing is if you were going to the hospital with an emergency but unless you told the cop that right waya when he pulled you over then it doesn't matter

no. You're wrong. Obviously you 've done very little research.

If you're on your way to or from something school related, your excused from curfew.

If you're on your way to or from a job, its excused from curfew.

If you're doing an errand for your parents, its excused from curfew.

If you're with someone over 18 who your parent approves of, its excused from curfew.

These aren't "court defenses", they're defenses written into the many (I've checked at least 10 in surrounding cities, all have them) laws. Its not an "excuse", really...its just if you're doing one of those things, you haven't broken the law.

If you're on your way to or from something school related, your excused from curfew.

If you're with someone over 18 who your parent approves of, its excused from curfew.

These aren't "court defenses", they're defenses written into the many (I've checked at least 10 in surrounding cities, all have them) laws. Its not an "excuse", really...its just if you're doing one of those things, you haven't broken the law.

i know if it is job related or school related then you can get by
BUT
i know here atleast even if your parents ask you to do something if its past curfew you cant
and it isnt someone over 18 that your parents approve it is someone over 18 who has had their license for 5 years atleast
also if there was more then 1 person in the car with you thats not family you can get in trouble for that as well

thats the way it is in north carolina at least so it might be different there

Like I said before, why wouldn't every parent say their child was running an errand? Most people don't care to see their kid get a ticket when there's a free cop-out... I still don't believe you, but you're correct in the fact that I haven't researched the topic. Where is this information (sorry, "research") of yours coming from?

I still have my drivers ed handbook and i looked it up
if its for school or work, you can get by
running errands wont get you off, like i said your parents don't make the law, the law does lol

I still have my drivers ed handbook and i looked it up
if its for school or work, you can get by
running errands wont get you off, like i said your parents don't make the law, the law does lol
If that's the case, even though it was not mentioned (presumably) when he got the ticket - it'll still work? I'd bet against it.

yea i dont see him getting out of either ticket
MAYBE the first if he gets lucky
but the 2nd is black and white, he was driving after curfew to get home from a party, so hes screwed there

Your driver's ed book isn't a law book ;)

I've looked up the actual law, and it does say that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom