Speed Limit Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Was kind of interesting

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5366552067462745475

The video is 5 minutes long, and the most 'action' is about 15 seconds lol, towards the end. Nonetheless it was a fairly interesting but dangerous thing to do.

HOWEVER, we all know they aren't doing that in california since california freeways are 70-75 to begin with.....where they are, it's apparently 55mph, or this was done some years ago when it WAS that speed.

That was like today on my way to work, there was an old man driving in front of me, it was a 25mph speed limit, this is the only road I can take in my last stretch to work.

My speedometer said, "16mph" following behind him. No matter how much I honked the horn, this guy just wouldn't pull over or go faster.

It was just so annoying...

GET OFF THE FREAKIN' ROAD!!!!!

You guys obviously never drive in Canada.

It's not uncommon to go doubble the speed limit.

yeah, but fines are hefty......double the speed limit would be 110mph......in california anything over 100mph = immediate suspension of your license.

Like I said though, here our freeways are at 70mph, not 55mph like theirs are.

Most of the time in cali it's anywhere from 75-90mph is the flow of traffic

nice... We have a strip by my school. There's a lot of merging and whatnot, so they bump it down to 55. Most people fly through at 75.

Ryan

From my driving experinces in the states, I never see people going that fast in the US.

You should bring a video camera.

They don't drive that fast here... I think someone is exagerating with the whole 100mph thing. I see the occasinal 85'er, but nothing near 100.

Ryan

Nubius said:
yeah, but fines are hefty......double the speed limit would be 110mph......in california anything over 100mph = immediate suspension of your license.

Like I said though, here our freeways are at 70mph, not 55mph like theirs are.

Most of the time in cali it's anywhere from 75-90mph is the flow of traffic
The speed limit on the highways here in illinois is 55mph, but me and just about everybody else goes 80-90mph. Nobody ever gets pulled over.

Depends on where you are, if it's rural illinois then I can understand, just like if I go out to needles california where it's basically desert, cacti, and joshua trees as far as the eye can see.

From my driving experinces in the states, I never see people going that fast in the US.
Ehh, well your driving experience in the states, would be far less than someone who is not only older than you, but got his license and grew up in the states. Not only that, but I've driven from california to texas so theres 4 different sets of state laws, cars, traffic, and speeds.

75-90mph is common on california freeways and then you'll get the occasional person that's obviously going near 100mph, but it's not that common. Beyond a ridiculously high speeding ticket, bam there goes your license.

Worst I got was going 93mph on a 70mph freeway =/ That was a $375 fine right there plus traffic school.

Now going 93mph on the freeway kind of scares me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom