The Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
k guys, i got the speakers out of the locker room and they are in awful shape, they have been scratched by his cat, and i wanna give them a good look.

here is front, hard to see, but its there.
P1000331.jpg

here is the top, its scratched like mad
P1000333.jpg

and here is a close up of the tanned top
P1000334.jpg

now, i wanna make it black or chrome or silverish. any ideas? and how i would go about doing this.

take it apart? i clearly will paint it, but i need suggestion what to paint it. i just put some painters tape on the part i dont wanna paint.....

Yea you can do that if you can't take it apart. But do you have the equipment to spray paint it or know anyone or place that does?

well I would take it apart, sand it down, and put a good layer of primer on it. You wanted to paint it silver (dont use vhrome it looks cheap), so paint use rustoleum paint, its worked the best in my experiance. It up to you whether you want flat, matte, semi gloss, gloss, or high gloss.. I would probably go with a semi. Finally, you will want to put some sort of protection over it.. Use a clear enamel (or you can use a high gloss enamel, up to you)

some people use vinyl paint, I still dont get that tho.

MAKE SURE YOU SAND AND PRIME IT those ar very important steps, adn do it outside, in a well ventilated place etc etc.

oh finally" DONT PAINT THE SPEAKERS THEMSELVS.. only paint the housing, you can damage the spekers.

otherwise good luck and show us progress pics!

all right, will do.

k about this paint thing. can anyone show me the proper one for the speakers, its wooden. and i wanted to paint it silver. here are the websites

homedepot.ca
rona.ca
canadiantire.ca

and yeah. any of the stuff listed above taht i will need i need links to

questions:

1) how many layers of primer?

2) how many layers of silver paint?

3) how many layers of Semi gloss

4) and will i need a flat finish? and if so, how many layers?
what will i need after i put on the primer>silver paint>semi gloss?

more questions. should i use spray paint, or just brush it on the old fashioned way? what brand of primer, or wat primer specifically and silver paint and i think i have semi gloss, and i have flat finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom