Sorry if this blindsides you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoobieRat

Fully Optimized
"In the five years since Bill Gates surprised the technology world by announcing he would give up his title as chief executive at Microsoft to Steve Ballmer, the company has changed significantly. Ballmer is largely credited for tripling the company's cash balance, with sales growing from less than $23 billion in 2000 to $36.8 billion last year. Critics claim that today, we see a much 'gentler' side of Microsoft and Ballmer seems to have received an "A" in Wall Street's eyes."

This after the latest reviews of Microsoft's corporate situation (kinda like a state-of-the-union) covering Ballmer's activities with Microsoft since Bill Gate's turnover of the company.

:rolleyes: :amazed: :eek: :D *whistles*

hey comrad, its a publicly traded company, bill gates or other individuals may or may not own a majority of the shares, but nobody owns it outright

not suprised about bill gates being a lousy manager/administrator, thats nothing new, apple has had the same problems

It surprises me how many people think Bill Gates still runs Microsoft, still is involved in the programming, and everything else.

Bill Gates may have technically retired 5 years ago, but he's been pretty-much disconnected from development and licensing for about 8 or 9 years.

Then again, most bashers tend to be out of touch with reality anyway. :)

Ya, I know, whats even funnier is that if you look at his past, he was selling software he didnt even possess to IBM at one point, my understanding is that as hackers go, he wasnt even that good at writing code.Similar to the steve jobs and wozniak relationship at apple, wozniak was the real hardware and software guru, steve jobs saw the future of what it could be turned into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom