Sometimes I hate Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spit-wad

Bake a Pretty Cake!
So I bought a Dell 1908FP last summer (19" non-wide). Absolutely love it. Could not possibly be happier (although it was expensive... $289).

Now lil' Spit got used to having dual monitors at work and can't live without them. I've had a few instances of unexpected income lately, so I've convinced myself that I can afford a second monitor.

So I head on over to my local dell.com to checkout the selection. A couple months ago, I was looking at the site and saw a 22" widescreen for $189 that was the same style as my current 19" - UltraSharp and has a silver border on the top and bottom, which really adds to the appearance imo.

CAV025l.jpg

(Kinda hard to see, but it's there - that's what my 19" looks like)

Not only is that monitor no longer available on their site, but they don't have a single 19" non-wide screen NOR a 22" widescreen that's the same style. I'd like my monitors to somewhat match, so I'm basically stuck with a 20" widescreen if I want one that looks similar.

It's $199, but it has free shipping and I get x% off from school that makes it about $185. I also found a guy selling a $150 dell gift card for $100... dunno how safe I feel about getting that from him, but it would save me $50.

Regardless, it's usually hard for me to spend money, but when I actually decide to buy myself something, I like to get exactly what I want.

/rage

I wonder what size widescreen I need to make it the same height as my 19" regular...

why dont you head on over to newegg, and pick up 2x 19" or 20" ers for around $100 each.

then sell your 19" you already have and you wouldnt be out very much if any doe.

because I love my Dell... brightest picture ever, and it looks so sleek and sexy

plus I want to continue gaming on a 19" non-wide - it's what I'm used to (and 99% of my gaming is Warcraft III)

but I figure I should get a widescreen for the future... it'll mainly be used to have my email/IM/random chat programs open at all times

I'm already worried that I won't be able to fit a 19+22 on my desk next year

You would get used to a new one in a couple of days. I used to have a 19" non-widescreen. I will never be going back. Anything smaller than 22" is too small.

And sometimes you hate Dell? I hate Dell all the time. Price gouging sons of *****es. $289 for a 19" monitor? Puuuuuuhhhhhlease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom