something i thought id share - SOLUTION TO BROADBAND ROUTER STABILITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
NOTICE: PEOPLE WHO HAVE BROADBAND INTERNET AND IT IS UNSTABLE AND KEEPS GOING DOWN SHOULD REALLY READ THIS, IT MIGHT HELP!!

anyways, ive been using broadband for over 2 years now, and just lately i kinda freaked and was extremely pissed off at my isp.

for the whole 2 years i'vebeen using it, its been completely unstable, the internet connection would drop and come back on simotaneously.

ive called the service rep and all they tell me to do is powercyle ip release renew ect..
of course i did it and of course it would work, but it doesnt work for long, it still does go down and go back up.

I had a technician come to my house, some fat motha*Beep*er friggan so disrespectful, get all grimy dirt all over my floor, and he was one of those guys who like friggan bend over in front of you and all u can see is his asscrack,

but yes, anyways the story goes on.

The time i started to freak and spaz out at my isp was while i was trying to have a counter-strike scrim with my team.

i was seriously pissed, so i call up my isp and said
i want a new modem (since ive had all there stupid powercycles, there cable splitters ectt.. i figure i might as well try th emodem since nothing really works) the friggan service rep tells me to try unplugging the modem from the powerbar and plug it into the wall, i said no, i want a new modem. she told me she couldnt give me one, and she would send a technician over, i said no i dont want no technician, you've already sent one. then she just said well she couldnt give me a new modem. i said how about let me talk to your supervisor/manager whoevers in charge, she paused for a bit, i was lik HELLO? then she said yes hold on.

2mins later..

she comes back and says i went through it with my manager and he said to send a service rep.

i was like..
@*$#)(!*$)!*$

i want to talk to him, i dont care.
she paused again and hten said ok...

so the dude comes on, i tell him straight up, ive been using them as a isp for 2 years now, ive done over 50 powercycles and ip releasing renewing, and all im asking for is a friggan modem, and if your not going to give it to me, cancel my account.

the supervisor told me he gave the serviec rep permission to send one over, i was like wtf, the biatch lied to me.

then anyways he said he would send a tech over the next day.

(the next day)

buddy comes, i still dont get a new modem, BUT he put my whole internet line on a seperate cable from outside. meaning before i had 1 cable from outside then it splits into a internet line and a tv line.
now its just cable alone, and tv alone. although i didnt get my new modem, ive never had problems again.

wow if anyone actually reads all this, let me know

I read it all. Interesting. I've been on cable at home for about a year now and have had no problems except when there has been something wrong on the ISP's end, or the cable got knocked out by a storm or a tree falling into the line.
When my system was installed, they put in a splitter where the cable comes in and ran 1 line to the modem and the other to the splitters that feed the TV's.
Sounds like they did on mine what they did to fix yours.
DaGeek

I rad your story, I never had any problem either. I am running off a self install though which i split off the main coming into the house. So I have one for cable one for Comp. Soon to be networked to second comp.

The cable should never had been like that from the beginning. That isn't what broadband is supposed to be. Sounds like there was either a problem between your modem sharing the line with the television signals, the splitter was bad, the television tried to occupy bandwidth of the cable other then the 6% used for regular TV (not digital), or something else that was very strange. Anyhow, at least it works now. :)

ADZ said:
whos your ISP?
'

Rogers is the only cable ISP in ontario =(

anyways yea, downloads crap still, 30kbps average inless im downloading off microsoft or somethin
and upload is max like 42kbps

pretty ghetto =(

id goto sympatico ultra high speed for teh 3mb connection but i feel 80 dollars a month on internet is a bit high

spfd said:
'

Rogers is the only cable ISP in ontario =(

anyways yea, downloads crap still, 30kbps average inless im downloading off microsoft or somethin
and upload is max like 42kbps

pretty ghetto =(

id goto sympatico ultra high speed for teh 3mb connection but i feel 80 dollars a month on internet is a bit high

Woah...something is still not right. I get above 100 Kilobytes all the time! (Yes...I'm using Rogers High Speed). And some advice...only get sympatico if you are willing to pay for "ultra". Their normal service is terrible. I have friends a couple blocks down the street with it, and they don't usually get much more then half of my connection speeds.

HELP ME FIND ANOTHER ISP =(
decides sympatico doesnt even support normal high speed in my area =(

How about AOL's new high speed service? ;)

Heh... :laughing:

More seriously, I think Telus runs some sort of DSL service...there is always DirecPC (something like that) satellite dish highspeed connection...satellite internet hasn't exactly taken off yet, but maybe sometime soon it will begin to recieve more popularity. Personally, I say it's the coolest way to go. I mean think...your email beamed down from a large object orbiting Earth. :cool: ........ok...I know...that's not exactly new, considering Satellite TV, long distance telephone communications, and all that...but I still find it neat. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom