Something high schoolers should be aware of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chankama said:
ATI is a good place to work too.. :).. A lot of US companies pay well.. But none can beat Microsoft when compensating students!..

So I take it you guys (PP and Chris) wants to get into h/w design?..

Anyways, don't underestimate internships and coop programs.. In this age of computers, they are a must.. I know a couple guys who've graduated (BASc) without doing any internships.. They are gonna have a tough time findings jobs.... :\

ATI is Canadian, not American. Main headquarters are in markham FYI

Well yeah :amazed:.. I think every Canadian knows where ATI is from man..

But it's not like they do all development (h/w and s/w) in Canada :).. Why would they?.. When there is a lot of talent in the US.. lol

Just apply for a US team/branch.. They hire students.. I know b/c one of my friends worked there also..

Overall nvidia, ati, microsoft, amazon, etc. pay students VERY well :)

P.P. Mguire said:
Yea i wanna design H/W. what if i made the next 6800ultra? that would be awesome cause all you guys would be talking about MY card lol. sweet.
Well, work for your dreams. Study hard. And i hope you get it one of these days.

I got another freind of mine that wants to develop his own MMOLRPG. Again I wish him all the best.

Sure you do man.. :p.. Get into a decent university with an internship program and try to get into a company that way.. Trust me.. It's a LOT easier than applying for a full-time job straight away. They can "try" you for a term, without giving u any benefits or worrying about long term investments and such.. Internships are the way to go! :D..

Once u show em what u've got, they'll come after "you".. instead of the other way around :p

man.. all i know for sure about my future is that i want to do something that centers around computers. whether it be s/w, h/w, or anything else, that's where i want to be. though now with so many people wanting to do the same thing, i'm not even sure what i can do to "stand out" from the rest. i don't know how to program (yet, i'm taking a class next year), i know next to nothing about hardware, all i know is that i want to do something with computers :(

P.P. Mguire said:
Yea i wanna design H/W. what if i made the next 6800ultra? that would be awesome cause all you guys would be talking about MY card lol. sweet.

And the fanboys on the other side would flame YOUR card. :p;)

But major products like that are designed by teams, not individuals. So it wouldn't specifically be "your card".

Nonetheless, such a position would be VERY cool to have. :)

But major products like that are designed by teams, not individuals. So it wouldn't specifically be "your card".
I know its teams that create the card but if im say "head designer" then technicaly it would be my card. and screw the other fan boys, they dont have room to talk if they aint in the same position as i would be making the dough i would be:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom