some things in the forum that have been bothering me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

therascalking

Devious Techie
okay, so... im not in the forums all that much, but... enough to notice some things that really bother me, SO... anyone who reads this note, please do your part to help correct them... not just for my sake, but for everyone's, im sure... im just voicing these problems, but im sure many people have noticed them... anyways, heres what has been bothering me:

1. people who get off on random tangents or arguements inside of other peoples threads, totally getting away from the original topic that was proposed... please dont thread-jack... its rude, both to the threads starter, and to those who are trying to read it and actually help... either PM or IM someone if you want to argue or to ask them a question...

2. people who start new threads all the time, when they should just post in their old thread... or who post again, when they should edit their old posts...

3. people who put fake stats in their sigs... or like "future builds"... if youre going to list parts in your sig, they should be parts you ACTUALLY OWN... or if its a build that you are going to do in the future, say so... but its not cool to list insane parts in your sig just to look better... its just dumb...

4. people who spell atrociously... get a spell checker... really... now i know i abbreviate and dont punctuate properly all the time... but i dont blatantly spell bad... no one should... its irritating and makes you look unintelligent...

5. people who dont fold! seriously... there are tons of people in these forums with GREAT machines that could really help our folding team out... it doesnt slow your comp down, you barely notice its running, and youd be doing your part to help change the world for the better one day... its a good cause... everyone who can, should fold...

now alot of these things are stuff that admins cant really do much about... and i love the tech forums admins and think they do a great job... but they arent superheroes... i would appreciate their help in reminding people not to do some things on the list, but some of you guys need to be able to police yourselves... if youve read this and you realize youre doing something on the list... please just correct yourself... i would appreciate it...

now please dont flame me for this, or attack me personally... im just trying to point some things out... im not whining: again, its constructive criticism, and is meant to help improve the forum for everyone... please take these suggestions into consideration before you post... thank you... :] - RK

20080525-m4esrdfmas3995pxq72ehet7w9.jpg

And you were saying.....

^ AHAHAHA, and number
6. people who Complain about normal forum functions should not go into forums
7. forum hippocrits
8. people who post really long posts

there really is no point to post this because sure it's what people should follow but pretty much all who read it will not follow it (i have arguments every now and then but try to limit and avoid them as much as possible) also the thing about spelling is not relevant...sure someone might have terrible spelling but it does not bother most.

Also pretty much anyone who doen't fold can't...like me, i may have a good machine but i have dial up internet.

What I find funny is many people who have awful spelling claim to use Firefox which has a built in spell checker. How ridiculous is that?

I actually use FF's spellchecker. It won't stop you from using the wrong word, and doesn't work if you don't load a dictionary for it. :D

I agree with Trotter, most people here do use Firefox and they should learn to spell. Also on that matter I completely loathe when somebody uses leet speak...

THE AMD PROCESSORS R TEH SUCK! ...

.....OH COME ON!! I guess this is some stuff (Particularly the thread-jacking is what I should look out for, it'll come in handy soon ;)... Well that Depends)

^ i use fire fox and check my post quickly before posting but sometimes i miss one and I'm to lazy to fix it (dial up takes 30s to load a page so)

When I play counter strike we have a word for people who start to act stupid or just leave the game because they are losing badly or take the game to seriously.

It's called getting Raged.

That is what a lot of you guys are like and it's the only thing that annoys me a tiny bit.

"boo hoo! spell check wahh! leet speekz! zomg so bad! omg too many posts with youtube links (rofl!)"

Rascal, you are raged down to the very core if you get steamed up because people have plans to buy parts in the future or even if they lie and claim they have them... Why do you care? They are just lying to themselves, wishing they had that expensive part to tinker with.

I don't know about you, but many times right after day dreaming about getting together with that good looking girl from school, the next thing that enters my mind is having 2 9800gx2's and some dry ice.

LOL! I actually did that this Friday and i really was lawling in my head about it.

But anyways, ya, j12 kind of forced you to sit down lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom