Some opinions about 1971 Corvette LT1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowsurfer

El Mágico
Hey guys,

I have three all wheel drives, but I've been toying with the idea to get myself a classic two-seater for ages now. The one I'd really like (The '88 Aston Vantage....) is 70-100k Euro so that is out of the question. My choice has boiled down to an early eighties Merc 500 SL or a second-gen Stingray - my preference being the 1971 LT1 coupe, not because I think that it's a better car, but the 80s SL is very common here and I would like something a bit more unique. I really do not like modern cars, and my work involves using them a lot so I am not that hot for ultimate performance, I work for Porsche, BMW, Maserati, and I get to try them out a lot.

Anyway, the thing is that I am quite knowledgeable about European cars, but not at all about American ones. Is there anything I should look out for on the 1971 LT1? I found one in Michigan for 27k US$ which looks pretty good, and I also found a company which would take care of bringing it to Europe for me (for a fee of course :D). Here's the link:

1971 Corvette Coupe For Sale Michigan | #386 71 LT1 Coupe Orange / Black

I personally would not pay that much for a vette, even if its so rare.

I would look at chevelles, theyre much cheaper and can be found with bigger engines. not really much to say about muscle, other than the fact that they eat gas, smell like gas, and are ridiculously loud...oh and they eat gas....

Got a 72" chevelle with the L86 350 and it just sounds mean when turned on.

I'll check them out but I think both the first and second gen Stingrays are so pretty.... :D I'd be making money on that car though, if the condition is as advertised I could sell it directly for a 5-6k€ profit, or after a few years for probably even more.

As for the MPG and whatnot, I don't really care, I'll probably be doing max 1.5 - 2k miles / year until I get rid of it and get a new toy.

I would swing over to the C3 section of the corvette forums and ask about it and the price.

I'm a vette owner and love them! Owned a 2003 coupe, 2004 Z06 and now a 2007 coupe. Miss the 04 Z06 a lot. Had some work done to it and miss the raw power it had.

I'll check that out, thanks. Only American car I've had, well except for a Wrangler I used for a couple of months, was a 289 '65 Mustang Fastback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom