Some Mx pics of me

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty cool.

Cdub, I am just curious, as after I get my house in May, and once finances settle a little bit, I would like to get into racing... probably going to be SCCA racing, but I would love to hop on a dirt-bike. How does one get involved in moto-x, and what are "running costs" for say a single year of racing, with maintenance, breaks, fees, and any other expenses? What about age limits? I am going to be 24 in May, and I would suspect that I would be "too far behind", as many seem to get into the sport in their teens and younger, plus, I am not too agile anymore, knees and back aren't in great shape....

You can get into MX by showing up at the track on race day.

As far as running costs, it is hard to say. All tracks are different as far as their registration fee. Another thing that can vary is if the track is a member of a sanctioning body, such as AMA. If they are, you have to have a membership to race at that track (Yes, the membership costs money :/)

Of course, you never know what will happen to your bike throughout the year. Broken levers, bent handlebars, flat tires, etc. can all happen and you have to be prepared. Also, as everyone knows, gas isn't cheap...

As far as you being "too old", yes you might be, but I think that if you have some background experience, you can go practice for a couple weeks before you get to racing.

There are tons of "classes" that you can race in, such as: 125/250 C/B (Depending on what size bike you have). Just get out there and practice, but above all just have fun.

Nice bike, nice girlfriend, and you look pretty kool yourself. I can respect that profession; because, I am a fellow racer, at least in the street racing category on a Hayabusa.

Hrm, I will have to give my dad's cousin a call... Their WHOLE FAMILY was into moto-x years ago..... husband, wife, and all their boys. They were going to sell me one of their old bikes (the wife's old bike) years ago, but I was too young, and my parents weren't going to let me... plus, living in the burb's there is no place to ride.... Out near the house I am getting, there are alot more wide open area's if you drive for a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom