Soldering Iron

Status
Not open for further replies.
so strap down the cords, get a LONG piece of solder so that it doesnt melt onto my hand. oh and w/e it is im soldering, do i twist the wires together first and then solder it? or just the have to meet at one point or something?

And don't forget to tin your iron baby.

(Put a bit of solder on the iron before you start, trust me it helps.)

It may also be helpful to get some heat shrink to cover the solder joint after you've made the connection, stops shorting etc.

jono199 said:
It may also be helpful to get some heat shrink to cover the solder joint after you've made the connection, stops shorting etc.

Fancy-schmancy. That's what electrical tape was made for. Unless they're really expensive headphones, that's just overdoing it...

who, that is really accurate. ok i just read a guide on it, and im gonna go to the store in a bit to get some solder, but its too hot right now.

Or ****, we could just do a professional job here?

When at the shop buy heatshrink. Its great. It works. GO PRO!!

actually..soldering is not hard...i've soldered on motherboard LPC's before (hard) and here is a really good tip.....don't melt the solder on the iron...twist the wires together..then hold the iron on the wires to make them as hot as the iron then melt the solder on the WIRES not touching the iron...it will flow in much easier and will go throughout the entire wire instead of just on top.....

Make sure you heat up whatever you're soldering first for a few seconds before applying solder, otherwise you'll just get a dry joint and it'll fall apart easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom