Soccer or Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played soccer for 9 years. You would think i would pick it over football but no, i hate soccer. I dont really have a choice in the superbowl i just love the cheerleaders : )

How can you guys say its more physically challenging than football?I don't personally play but I've heard like my friend, Steve who goes to my high school that plays football and soccer and he says football takes more out of you.

And a two-foot slide? That's a little woosy:D You tihink a mid-fielder runs more, maybe he does, but could your midfielder get hit, running full speed by Ray Lewis 20 times a game. And I'm not talking about a little "two-foot slide" hit.

For all you who don't know who Ray Lewis is...here:

http://www.instantreplaysportcard.com/items/8x10s/rlewis.jpg

Don't tell me you think David Beckham hits harder than Ray Lewis does...lol

Football is an anaerobic sport, that's an accepted fact. Soccer is one of the best things you can do for your cardiovascular system, that's a known fact too. Football is more physically challenging in that you get more bruised, but soccer is definitely better exercise. It's the training for football that gets you in shape, not the actual game.

I once had a 200 pound girl fall flat on top of me during a soccer game. That hurt. :D And anyway, why does getting tackled more make football better?

I have to agree with anarchy. I have played right wing and right tackle and ill tell ya, football is more strenuous. Worst injury in 6 years of playing soccer is an accidental split i did. Worst injury in football was a broken elbow. Sure, you run alot more but at the end of the game, your more sore from hitting and getting hit then you are from kicking and running.
Everytime i play football i could just go home and fall asleep, different story with soccer. I love them both though so mine is NOT a biased opinion.

Emily said:
Football is an anaerobic sport, that's an accepted fact. Soccer is one of the best things you can do for your cardiovascular system, that's a known fact too. Football is more physically challenging in that you get more bruised, but soccer is definitely better exercise. It's the training for football that gets you in shape, not the actual game.

I once had a 200 pound girl fall flat on top of me during a soccer game. That hurt. :D And anyway, why does getting tackled more make football better?

Well everybody started talking about the physciall challenge both sports impose, so.... A 200 pound person falling on your during a soccer game, if that happened in a football game, imagine that fat person sprinting at you, and then falling on you.....And who are you to say that practice for soccer is better for you than football? Do soccer players lift weight in the offseason? They do most if not all the same cardio work soccer players would do during practice. Football also toughens you mentally...Makes you a stronger person...

Emily, you think a 200 pound girl is worse than having this guy fall on you?

http://images.usatoday.com/news/health/photos/2001-01-29-health-siragusa.jpg

lol:p

I'm talking about physically challenging as in good exercise, like improves cardiovascular system and stuff. Having a really, really fat guy tackle you might be more strenuous, but it's definitely not better exercise than soccer.

imagine that fat person sprinting at you, and then falling on you.....

Um. Actually that's exactly what happened. o_O

And who are you to say that practice for soccer is better for you than football?

I didn't say that... I said that a soccer game is much better exercise than a football game is. It's common sense - in football you start and stop, and in soccer you're running for 45 straight minutes.

Having said all that, I still don't get why a person's reason for liking football would be because you are in substantially more pain because of it. :confused:

ok back from work now... the debate is getting hot and I am asking permission to speak:) I only have one comment, why only American people play and watch football?

Emily said:
I'm talking about physically challenging as in good exercise, like improves cardiovascular system and stuff. Having a really, really fat guy tackle you might be more strenuous, but it's definitely not better exercise than soccer.

I didn't say that... I said that a soccer game is much better exercise than a football game is. It's common sense - in football you start and stop, and in soccer you're running for 45 straight minutes.

Having said all that, I still don't get why a person's reason for liking football would be because you are in substantially more pain because of it. :confused:

It's a manly thing I guess...If I want to get the exercise I get from soccer, I'll just run on a treadmill for 45 min. Football is better because only the strong survive. It's the American man's sport. Soccer is for people who weren't big enough, or strong enough t0 make the football team...

(Ooh. I can't wait for the replies to that one)

Edit: But a sport that far surpasses both soccer and football, it's rugby:p

Stop and go excercise is more strenuous than a constant workout pace. The warmup and cooldown takes more out of you then just constant action does.

Sure, stop and go activity is more strenuous, but better for your body I'm not too sure. I mean it is good, but a constant speed is better for your heart.

Does anyone at all like football better than soccer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom