So yay.. i now work as Tech Support for PeoplePC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sKaD

Baseband Member
I'm sure a lot of you fools have IT jobs and such, but meh, I'm 18 and my job before this was working graveyards stocking groceries.

So anyways, i'm going to be bored in about 2 weeks.

I only tech the software, connection, install & email w/ OE

So a lot of DUN's being built a lot of IE Scripting Errors, etc..

over & over & over & over & over & over & over again

and about 55% of the calls are from old people with no clue.

True story:

Caller: "What should I do next?"
Tech: "Use your mouse to click on My Computer"
Caller: "What's a mouse?"
Tech: "It's the roundish device used to move the arrow on your screen"
Caller: "I don't have one of them, I just got a keyboard and a footpedal, where can I get a mouse?"
Tech: " :freak: :grind: "

So anyways, first post in a long while :)

What no way dude, someone said they had a footpedal? lol

I guess the old people think that a mouse is supposed to really look like a mouse or somethin.

When I hooked up a computer in my grandmas room she didn't understand that you can PICK UP the damn mouse to move the cursor further along the screen.

She'd move the mouse to go to the start button, hit the keyboard with the mouse and say "I cant go any further"

That's not the first time I've heard the foot pedal story... I've heard of techs who talk to older people who actually have had the mouse on the floor for a week and don't know what to do with it.

You'll experience much fun as a tech... cup holders, right clicks (very good one), and people asking the (understandable) question "why do I press start to shut down??"

The upside is you'll learn a ton of stuff and talk to a huge variety of people. Later on you'll move on to something else. Support is pretty much how everyone started out in tech (except for Bill Gates, maybe).

bill gates created tech support by giving ignorant people pieces of equipment they don't understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom