So Why Do You Hate Microsoft?

What best describes you?

• I'm a Micorosoft Fan Boy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like Microsoft and I use both Windows and MS Office

• I don't like Microsoft and only use Windows. BUt I use Open Office (or a non MS Office Suit)

• I don't like Microsoft. I mostly use Linix, but occassionaly use Windows if I have to.

• I don't like Microsoft and I only use Linix and Open Office.

• "First of All, I have never knowly slept with a windows user ... ever."

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
It seems that on just about any technical forums, there is a great big hate for Microsoft.
However the problem that i see is that we have the following people.
1. the people for some reason or another don't like using MS products and have moved one to other products.
2. the people for some reason don't like using MS products, however they still continue to use them.

So anyways, why is it that you hate (or love) Microsoft ?

I don't hate Microsoft per-se, but there are some things I don't like about what they've done.
1. prices too high
2. DirectX 10 being Vista exclusive (I'm not all anti-vista, but I think XP should have it too)
3. DirectX being proprietry

I don't hate Microsoft per-se, but there are some things I don't like about what they've done.
1. prices too high
2. DirectX 10 being Vista exclusive (I'm not all anti-vista, but I think XP should have it too)
3. DirectX being proprietry

+1. I don't like Vista myself but XP is pretty nice all things considered. M$ generally makes a good product (except for their security suite) but the prices are just too high. $100 for an OS license is a little steep and as much as several hundred for a full fledged office suite? That's just ridiculous.

That said, I use Windows XP and Office 2007 on all 4 of my computers. Whether I paid for all of that software is not something we really allow much discussion on at TF ;)

Apok basically said it. Vista is by far the most expensive OS to date. At the same time though. home edition is about the same price as XP SP2. Then there is Microsoft Office, I don't understand why they would require customers to purchase something as essential as Microsoft Office.

Newegg.com - Microsoft Office

Check that out and tell me those prices are fair.

Other then that though, Windows is GREAT. As far as XP SP2 is concerned, I m in love with the OS. SP3 and Vista I've had bad experiences with.

Whether I paid for all of that software is not something we really allow much discussion on at tech forums ;)

Your not alone :D

MS does charge way too much for their OS and Office.

My main problem with MS is the way they do business. Al Capone has nothing on the boys in Redmond. thankfully this seems to be changing.

I don't like windows because they charge too much for their OS. At this time I use Ubuntu Linux, but I keep windows in dual boot if I need to use a only windows app. I don't boot to windows for more than a month.

I don't have a problem with MS. I can't complain about there prices since vista home peremium is only $100. I don't see whats wrong with DX10 being Vista only, you can't expect MS to give a older prodct all the features of it's replacement.

Office is expensive but people can just use open office that is every bit as good and free.

I guess I fit in the "I'm a microsoft fanboy" catagory although I'm not really one.

"First of All, I have never knowly slept with a windows user ... ever."

i had to vote that, i swear i only just found my girlfriend uses windows. honest...ok so maybe i'm joking.

there's many reasons why i hate microsoft, too many to go into. i guess the main thing is the fact they've cheated their way to the forefront of operating systems. contracts and marketing are the only reason they make the most used operating system.

personally i use linux probably 90% of the time. the other 10% i'm either on a computer that's not mine, my laptop or playing a game.

Most of the time I live in a Unix based environment (I get layed as often as I have to reboot my machine) it's not through a hatred of MS or any real dislike I just prefare the *nix environments.

I can quite happily use windows I just chose not to unless i am gameing an then i have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom