So who's getting pounded by snow/ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
We ended up getting a bunch of rain on Sunday, which of course turned to ice since it was -5C. Then we had about 6 inches of snow dumped on us and 50mph winds.
400 series highways are still shut down, roads are still full of ice, sittin' at a -20C (with wind chill).

There are over 300 people stranded on the 402, some for over a day now.
Traveller's Road Information Portal - Interactive Map

If you zoom in once on that map in the link, and select "Traffic Cams" (no nned to choose one from the list) you can see the 402 (between Sarnia and London) and how bad the roads still are.

London already had 4+ feet of snow mid-last week in about 1.5 days.

We got a little Sunday night, but it didn't stick. We're supposed to get another shot at it tomorrow night. But that's the way it goes here int he Tennessee Valley.

We only got 3 or so inchs here in KY, but it's REALLY REALLY cold out, I woke up to a frozen engine block as some idiot hit a light pole and took out our electric last night and the garage heater went kaput :(

It's a balmy -16C/3F here right now. Have a few inches of snow. Below normal amount of snow but colder than average (avg is 0C/32F for now).

It's quite warm here, about -20F with the windchill. We got over a foot and a half of snow on Friday night through Saturday. Metrodome collapsed, they pulled the plows off the road because it wasn't safe with 50 mph winds blowing snow everywhere. Supposed to get a couple more inches between tonight and Thursday. Good times.

Sounds like you guys are getting similar to what we got in the UK a week or two a go. I enjoy the snow so considered myself unlucky to only get 3 or 4 inches, yet my sister at university about 50minutes drive from us got about 1.5 to 2feet. Crazy how just 50minutes drive makes such a difference.

Well it rarely snows or ices up in Florida, but it did get cold. It was 17F when I got up this morning and when I got to work my office was a chilly 59F inside. It would of been a good day for overclocking :thumbsup:

chilled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom