So... wadjaget for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess I got myself Vista Ultimate x64. Finally got it installed on a partition and am using it now. May take me a week to get everything set up like I want, but I am now current with my OS... even if it was with me kicking and screaming all the way.

I still have my XP partition, and I will be using it a bit until I get everything I need set up to make the full switch, but I am here with it.

Ho, ho, ho... hum.

Well, I guess I got myself Vista Ultimate x64. Finally got it installed on a partition and am using it now. May take me a week to get everything set up like I want, but I am now current with my OS... even if it was with me kicking and screaming all the way.

I still have my XP partition, and I will be using it a bit until I get everything I need set up to make the full switch, but I am here with it.

Ho, ho, ho... hum.

How'd you manage to get vista?

I was given two copies, actually. One from a good friend, and the other from a family member. I am saving the one from my friend for when I build (if it is before Seven comes out), but I am using this second-hand copy to play with and learn.

I got a $100 gift certificate from Best Buy - she ( the wife ) knows I am planning to build a computer. That will go towards a new mobo. Good start, but I don't want a budget mobo, so anyway. It was a great Christmas, and I hope everyone here had one as well :D

22" monitor
Antec 300
500GB external drive
Bunch of case fans and CCFL's
DVDR's, 120 slot DVD holder, and 100 DVD sleeves
8GB USB stick
Guitar stand, strings, and picks
New solder, wire, and heatshrink
New hoodie

Awesome, you play guitar ! We should meet and jam, I live in Maine too. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.