So, my ceiling is leaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
So the last few days, I've noticed a bulging area on my ceiling. It went the width of my room (turns out it is the tape/putty that joins the two pieces of drywall). So about 5AM this morning, I notice a small drip. I put a pan under it, and thought I'd dry off the area on the ceiling with a towel. Yeah, don't do that. I pressed the towel against it and the tape ripped and a pretty good amount of water spilled out. I wiped that up, then went to bed. About noon my friend wakes me up and he's like duuude, you're room is way worse.

So I come down, and the original spot is now like 5 drips, and there is water coming out of my ceiling fan. There is a huge puddle on the floor (wiped that up now). But what I didn't realize before is that the bulging area is also leaking where it meets the wall, which is right above my bookcase. So, 3 of my good programming books are now ruined...including one I use very often. Total damage about $80. I'm pretty ****ed right now.

So now I have to climb onto my roof when my dad gets home and shovel the 2 feet of snow off and break the ice. Yay.

asdfasdklfladjkasdfasdfjasdkljasdkj

Well before you go up on the roof why don't you do the sensible thing and go up in the attic and see where the leak is.

Atleast that way you know which area its coming from and it gives you a better idea on how to solve the problem :rolleyes:

Well before you go up on the roof why don't you do the sensible thing and go up in the attic and see where the leak is.

Atleast that way you know which area its coming from and it gives you a better idea on how to solve the problem :rolleyes:

That's my dad's job.

My roof is old and worn, has several leaky spots. Not really any way to solve it except put a new roof up, and that costs lots of monies.

So for now, I'm just going to shovel the pile of snow off.

EDIT:
it's going to cost a lot more than $80....

I meant cost me $80, since I have to replace my books. I don't pay for house repairs, it's not my house.

I feel worse for the home owner honestly.

SJ_Shoulder_Shrug.jpg

You get a lot of snow too? Most people around here have had to shovel there roof off, but lucky for us most of the snow we get on the roof either falls off or melts, but man we have gotten a lot of snow this year up in Maine.

Havoc's picture, followed by Salty's reply, just sent me into a spasm of horse laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom