So many people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCC Fan

In Runtime
So many stupid people...

...claiming they know something about computers when they don't know CRAP..... i don't understand some people....... one of my classmates was talkin to a couple of other kids about computers and internet stuff and i over hear him BRAG that he had cable and dsl... so i look over at one of my friends and i'm like... what? what did he just say? so i turn around and ask why he had 2 isp's.... here is our convo (some words may not be exact but very close)

me:Why do you need both cable and dsl?
kid: well see my mom and dad have a computer and i have my own computer and we both need internet so my parents have cable and i have dsl
me: are you joking? you're kidding right?
kid: no why?
Me: you've gotta be kidding me dude, just buy a router and link the computers to it.
kid: no thanks i don't need another internet.

at that point i just turn to my friend and laught histerically. then i start thinking about how someone could be so dumb but claim that he knows something about computers.

another example is when someone buys a big HDD and a really nice amount of ram but still has a low proccessor.... i just can't stand it.

I know how ya feel dude...I'm from the most technologically challenged place in the country...nobody knows anything about computers here. When I mentioned I have a case window with lights, the first thing is they don't know what a case is...they think its like a briefcase you carry your computer in. When I explain it to them, they are like "oh, you have a see-through computer, what kinda loser are you!" Then I have to explain to those who know a little bit about computers the difference between bits and bytes, or what a megabyte even is, man I just hate the stupid people.

i mean i'm fine with people who admit that they suck when it comes to computers and i try my hardest to help them out... but when someone goes out and does a stupid thing like i said in my first post in this topic..... it just makes me mad.

same here, overhearing conversations at schools is the funniest. Iv heard A LOT of stupid stuff, so many i cant even sort them out in my mind.. lol. but that dsl and cable one was awsome lol.

haha it is pretty funny. that kid's parents are paying so much money right now for NOTHING.

you shouldn't make fun of these idiots. after all they're the ones keeping the economy up with their multiple ISPs :p

Oh Goodie Goodie....

A replacement thread for WORSE TECHNICAL SUPPORT / HELP DESK EXPERIENCE (what happened to that thread?)

My current beef with end users right now is where they think that my time is free.
I got this one guy that has been calling me every single day about this Point Of Sales system that he want me to set up.
When it comes down to a Point Of Sales System, there is a lot of work involved. Just to get the basics up that so some one can start entering sales, it about at least 5 hours work.
And since i really make next to nothing on the hardware, I make my margin from the labor componant.

CUSTOMER :- I added every thing up, and it comes down to about $5000.
ME :- Point Of Sales System... they are not cheap
Anyways, for the next 5 minutes, he trying to reduce costs on the hardware. He started asking me about other software alternatives, but I am replying that he can do that, but it will cost him more in the long run when he expandes in business.
CUSTOMER :- What about this $500 set up and installation fee
ME :- That for us to set up your business in MYOB Retail Manager, plus to setting up the hardware.
CUSTOMER :- Can I do this?
ME :- By all means. If you want to set up MYOB Retail Manager and the hardware, then i will not stop you.
CUSTOMER :- But what if I get stuck?
ME :- If there is a hardware at fault, then it there is not charge as it warranty. How ever if you want me walk you though every step of the way, i will bill you my hourly rate.
For the next 3 minutes, he is complaining that he does not have a lot of money and it just him and his brother.
CUSTOMER :- Training.... What about free MYOB Training?
ME :- No.
CUSTOMER :- Why not?
ME :- On avarage, it take about 4 hours for me to train someone in MYOB Retail Manager. There is a lot to learn. Now you paying for my time?
CUSTOMER :- But it costs you nothing.
ME :- Look.... if I was going out to movies tonight with my wife, and i asked you to come over a bady sit my kid, would you do it for free?
CUSTOMER :- No.
ME :- But it costs you nothing.

In the end, he told me to revised the quote with a lower price and send it to him.

CyToToXiC said:
you shouldn't make fun of these idiots. after all they're the ones keeping the economy up with their multiple ISPs :p

They keep me employied.
Idiot No. 2 for this week was this lady that called up...

LADY :- Hello I have a virus on my computer. I have a copy of Norton AntiVirus, I just purchased it this year. And Nortons wanted $35 for to help me remove it.
ME :- (THINKING) Gee, you're gonna love me when i tell you the call out fee.
LADY :- I was just wondering if I can get some one to come out and clean this up.
ME : Sure. We can do that. It's $80+GST per hour. First hour chargable, and after that it all in 1/2 hour installments.
LADY :- $80!!! You are kidding me!!!! I am better off dealing with those bloodsuckers at Nortons. (HANGS UP)

And there was this other person that called up.
END USER :- Hello. I was just wondering if you can help me out with my modem.
ME :- Sure. What's up with it?
END USER :- Well, I just had this computer technician come over a few days. He put windows back on my system. But since then, i have not been able to use my modem? I talked with my ISP and they sead that i need a........ MODEM........ DRIVER.
(I love it when they pause when they are about to say some thing "Technical". I really show that they really don't know.)
ME :- What is one of my guys???
END USER :- No.
ME :- Did you purchase the modem from us?
END USER :- No.
(Okay. No my guy, not my hardware. That does solver the warranty and liability issue.)
ME :- Okay. Well we can come out and sort out your modem problem. There is an $80 call out fee.
END USER :- Oh my, that's expensive. I can buy a modem for that price. Can you just help me over the phone?
ME :- Like how? Even if I did not the make and model of the modem, I will be asking you to connect on to the internet so we can download drivers.
END USER :- But my internet is not working.
ME :- (THINKING) MY God, there is a brain in there after all...

GEE... what is it with people. They will gladly pay a bady sitter or a lawn mower or a plumber for there time. But not the computer techie.

I like it when they say something stupid and they don't realise it

"but I downloaded the internet yesterday"
they either have like several zillion zillion petabytes of storage, and a 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 terabyte per second connection or..... the user is a n00b

apokalipse said:
I like it when they say something stupid and they don't realise it

"but I downloaded the internet yesterday"
they either have like several zillion zillion petabytes of storage, and a 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 terabyte per second connection or..... the user is a n00b

I new some one that was boastiing about how he worked out how to use TELEPORT PRO to completely download sites from Webrings. (BTW, this guy had cable)

For weeks and weeks and weeks he was going on and on aboout how good he was to think of this idea.

In the end, his OS died in ass and found himself downloading half of Yahoo Personals on to his hard drive.

So since then, we did hurrass him with likes like "YAHoooooooooooooooo......"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom