So... I'm thinking about getting a tattoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand something here, fellas. This tattoo I drew up. I designed it. After drawing it out, I scanned it and used a photo editing program to finish it. It's definitely not something somebody else has. It's 100% my design, my idea, my drawing. I went into the tattoo shop and they were pretty impressed with how it turned out and had no suggestions for me. So needless to say, the design I have is a one of a kind design.

The tattoo is for me as well as others... but mostly me. To make a long story short, I've really been through a good amount of sh*t in my life in the 21 years I've been here. So sometimes I just feel like I need a constant reminder, something to remind me that I need to keep moving forward. So that's why I designed the tattoo the way I did, plus since I did it and nobody else, it means a lot more to me. Now, as far as it being for others... a lot of my friends have come to me for advice on situations they're going through in their lives. So I guess it's one of those things where I'd like them to be able to look down at my arm and be like, oh, Jayce got that to keep him positive. Maybe that way they can look at the confidence I've gained and the ambition I now hold and maybe I can be... well... somewhat of an inspiration to them?

I don't know. Maybe it's a bunch of BS to you guys, but to me it means a lot to me... So nonetheless, that's the jist of the reasoning behind it.

The tattoo is roughly 7 inches long, and about 2.5 inches wide.

The inside of the arm is an area that I'm not a huge fan of, so I can't really see myself going for that spot. I guess I'm just in a debate between those particular spots, as far as the "4:30 o'clock" angle goes on the backish/side of my arm and the dead side of my arm.

It's not like I think the side of my arm is a bad spot. It's just, I almost want something different. Yet, I want the tattoo on my arm... so I'm limited in my other options for location of it.

edit - I chose wisely on the place I'm getting my design done. I asked a lot of people I know with tattoos and they all suggested there. It's gotten a lot of awards in my area for cleanliness and creative talent. All in all, it's basically the "Miami Ink" of my town. I've seen their portfolios online, and they ALL do a fantastic job and are incredibly nice whenever I went in to talk with them.

Are you getting a tattoo for everyone else? Or for you? I personally dont see the point in getting a tattoo to show off to everyone else. Especially when you say you're getting something meaningful.

sadly something like 98% of people get tattoos for other people, hehe

mostly it's people who felt insecure and are overcompensating for attention...BUT!!! That is just my opinion, please ignore it if you don't agree ;)

If you're a military person, it's ok to get a tattoo :D

As for positioning...anything not seen by anyone else wearing normal clothing is the perfect placement :p

sadly something like 98% of people get tattoos for other people, hehe

mostly it's people who felt insecure and are overcompensating for attention...BUT!!! That is just my opinion, please ignore it if you don't agree ;)

If you're a military person, it's ok to get a tattoo :D

As for positioning...anything not seen by anyone else wearing normal clothing is the perfect placement :p

Regardless of where on the arm it goes, it'll be covered by the sleeves of a t-shirt.

Now, it's just a matter of placing it in a spot that is decent. See, I just don't want to kick it back along the side and people just think I suck at lining things up. But my buddies are like, that's the point. Be unique. Let them think differently. Once they take a good look at the design and the shifted back location, it'll be evident that it's 100% you and nobody else.

*shrug*

Miami Ink make's me lol.

The only talent they have there is Chris Garver. Yet, i've walked by that place NUMEROUS times and not seen anyone in there who appears on the show working in the shop.

That show, as well as tattoo shop is a joke.

Miami Ink make's me lol.

The only talent they have there is Chris Garver. Yet, i've walked by that place NUMEROUS times and not seen anyone in there who appears on the show working in the shop.

That show, as well as tattoo shop is a joke.

Uh, okay. Moving along...

Sorry, Havoc, but my wife is a jealous woman. And, yes, I think she could take you. Besides, Mac and Mike would be sooooo jealous...

Understand something here, fellas. This tattoo I drew up. I designed it. After drawing it out, I scanned it and used a photo editing program to finish it. It's definitely not something somebody else has. It's 100% my design, my idea, my drawing. I went into the tattoo shop and they were pretty impressed with how it turned out and had no suggestions for me. So needless to say, the design I have is a one of a kind design.

Just curious if you'd be willing to upload the photo file...I'd be interested to see it.

The 2 rules I have heard about tat's:

1. Never get a girl's name
2. Never get a band name.

I plan on getting a tattoo when I turn 18...maybe.

Just curious if you'd be willing to upload the photo file...I'd be interested to see it.

The 2 rules I have heard about tat's:

1. Never get a girl's name
2. Never get a band name.

I plan on getting a tattoo when I turn 18...maybe.

I'd rather not upload it. Let's just say it's something to keep me thinking positive through thick and thin.

I do not have a girlfriend, nor would I ever get a girl's name. And no, it's not a band.

edit - I also thought about it more, as far as where I want to get it. The more I think about it, the more I don't want it at that 4:30 position I spoke about. I just think people would look at it and assume that I just suck at centering a tattoo. I think I'd rather get it at 3 o'clock, where I can see it easier and where it's more profound and "rawr".. like... RIGHT there. So maybe I will end up getting it on the side. But who knows? I have two weeks to go. I'll think about it some more and figure out what I want. Still wide open to more suggestions!!!

A tatoo is pretentious by the act alone, it speaks to the reason one would have for getting it. I can say you will be assesed based on the tatoo, if its noticable you will get mixed impressions at best, I don't recomend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom