So i bought me a Logitech G5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube - #102 - Question/Answer: Best Gaming Mouse

Here are 3dgameman's... He thinks the G5 is the best all around mouse.. I actually like the mouse.. but I think I'll probably get a G3 or something (I'm a cheapskate and have trouble convincing the 'rents that $50 is a justifiable price for a mouse hahahaha)

lol how do you think my dad was when i cameh ome with a lachesis one of the most expensive ones. iused to think 2000dpi was alot but to me now it seems slow, i can tell you all now if you slowly moved up to 4kdpi you would never go back.

Heh, I've used 1600DPI.. but that was my friends.. I couldn't stand to go back to this lame-o ball mouse :(

lol how do you think my dad was when i cameh ome with a lachesis one of the most expensive ones. iused to think 2000dpi was alot but to me now it seems slow, i can tell you all now if you slowly moved up to 4kdpi you would never go back.

Not me. I like my 1800DPI but i tend to have acceleration totally off, and sensitivety down very low on most games. Moving the mouse 3inches usually results in a 180degree turn, that's how i like it set up :) 4000Dpi would probably be a little too much for me, unless i could figure out how to lower the sens even further.

I don't play games but I have an ikari steelseries. For me it is the best mouse I have ever felt but then I suppose this is one of those things that comes a lot down to personal preference.

Coincidentally that's what my friend has... (the silver one)

Not me. I like my 1800DPI but i tend to have acceleration totally off, and sensitivety down very low on most games. Moving the mouse 3inches usually results in a 180degree turn, that's how i like it set up :) 4000Dpi would probably be a little too much for me, unless i could figure out how to lower the sens even further.

you can lower teh sensitivity but i got it a max dpi and sensitivity, you really do get used to it you would never think so. i thought i was gonna be happy at 2k dpi on the lachesis and whent up slowly now 4k is a dream.

I love my G7, although I with it had a fwd button ...

I didn't like the idea of the weights with the G5...plus i love wireless

The macros we have a problem with are those that mess with game mechanics. Things like setting it up to stand, enter a mounted gun, fire, exit, and go prone, making it impossible to hit the person. Or the same with stand, fire, prone from behind a wall of sandbags. And that is only BF2... I have no idea what macros are in COD4/COD5.

Playing a game with stuff like that makes it less of a game, especially for everyone else playing to have a good time. If a person gets the drop on me through luck, talent , or skill i am fine with it... but if they get it through a macro or hack, I'm not. Too many take the "easy" way to dominance by using modifications/hacks, spoiling it for everyone else. For example, we had a hacker on one of our servers the other night using an aimbot. One of my clanmates kept C4ing him, trying to tick the guy off. the guy would continue to fire and kill while in the air from the C4. he finally banned himself when he attempted to spam the channel with his website's URL (.com is an insat-ban).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom