Snowboarding Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawizhacker

Daemon Poster
I went to Mt.Washington for day with a group of friends. I have never snowboarded in my life, but i have skateboarded so I thought it should be the same. Man was I wrong, I had trouble going up the lifts, I fell off three times like 30-40 foot drop; It was fine since there was like 10 feet of nice power snow i didn't feel a thing. On my third run I was going to a 4th easiest Hill and I lost speed so i took of my board and walked for like 200m then I was like dam that's far! I put it back on and go thorugh the forset, it was amazing i made it through like 70 feet of trees fine and then I ended up on the 3rd hardest slope and it was he11! I fell for like 2 minutes, I was like a a sack. By the end of the run I got up with someones help. I was totaly tired, I was taken to the Meds and they checked everything and I had 7 big cuts across the legs, but thankfully nothing was broken. Now for the past week I have had these pains on the back of my head, like the neck connecting to skull (muscle area). Man I kind of wish I never went to it.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER@!

My friend who is like a pro, was with me the whole time recording me dieing on the hills, He prolly posted it on youtube and i'll have a link soon.

Sweet! the first time I went everytime i went to stop, I was used to doing in skiiing, i would catch the dreadful front edge and do a face plant.

It was fun, but at the same time it was like fighting for my life, sometimes I got tired going down and was like o crup going to fast no way to stop ekkk!!! FACEPLANT!!!

Snowboarding is freaking sweet.

Yeah first time is always rough.

Keep it going, you'll learn it, and when you get everything down and you become good it will be absolutely euphoric.

I love boarding. It just feels so natural.

My butt still hurts from the last time i went snowboarding, i was going pretty fast, one an average difficulty hill, all of a sudden some dork came flying right through the hill(he was on another side of a little tree line separating the hill into to 2 parts)cut me the shock of it made fall butt first, i fell while trying to stop.

That was the last time i went about a year ago.

being a goalie on the soccer team helps with the pain of snowboarding. Not that it hurts any less, but my reflexes are better to land correct without completely killing myself

I've been snowboarding for about 6 years now. I have an absolute blast doing it. The first couple days WILL hurt. After the first hurdle of passing your first days you will start to pick it up faster. By the time you can do nice small carves and fly down the mountain its the best feeling in the world. Shifting your board left and right is tons of fun.

I havent gotten to ride this year though. We have had an absolutly dreadfull snow season up here. Last year I bought myself a brand new Volkl board that I only used once. Its by far the best board I have every ridden, totally freaking sweet.

how do you fall 30-40 feet off of a ski lift? you sit, and thats it. i find that hard to imagine

yeah lol, whenever i snowboard i go down w.e i just make sure no ski-ers where doing salom runs down the hill (Makes giant rivites in the hill) and it sucks when u hit them. But yeah falling off a ski lift? LOL thats funny BTW why would u go to the mountains to learn how to snowboard? :S

Well there was no gaurd from falling, and I kept slipping due to my dam jacket. I took it off after three times and got a different one. I'm prolly going to get my head checked within a few day, it's starting to hurt now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom