Smokeing bad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice Daddy

Fully Optimized
Smoking bad!!!

There is no way to justify smoking...some say it is their choice, or that they are old so it's ok... but they are wrong!! Smoking killed my mother and raped my father!!! It pollutes the air, and destroys our lungs...

What are your thoughts on this epidemic?

I dont mind if people smoke or not, because that's their choice and their ruining their life. But when people start smoking right by me, i dont like the smell, and i politely ask them to move or stop smoking for now.

quote:
Secondhand smoke is a combination of the smoke from a burning cigarette and the smoke exhaled by the smoker. Also known as environmental tobacco smoke (ETS), it can be recognized easily by its distinctive odor. ETS contaminates the air and is retained in clothing, curtains and furniture. Many people find ETS unpleasant, annoying, and irritating to the eyes and nose. More importantly, it represents a dangerous health hazard. Over 4,000 different chemicals have been identified in ETS, and at least 43 of these chemicals cause cancer.

I'm pretty sure it's spelled smoking, no e in there. Anyways, I don't like it really myself, and I'm not going to be a smoker because it makes you smell bad.

I smoked 2 packs a day for 9 years straight. I am currently on my 5th day of no cigarettes ! This is the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life.

bradybnmci said:
I smoked 2 packs a day for 9 years straight. I am currently on my 5th day of no cigarettes ! This is the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life.

Granted, it may be hard... but I'm sure if you remind yourself of why you are overcoming this, you'll soon realize how important it is.

Smoking is for the weak. Are you weak? I'm sure you aren't! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Jayce said:
Granted, it may be hard... but I'm sure if you remind yourself of why you are overcoming this, you'll soon realize how important it is.

Smoking is for the weak. Are you weak? I'm sure you aren't! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Its hard to explain the hold that cigarettes have over you.
This of it this way. Cigarettes are a comfort. When you are stressed, they are there for you. When you are sad, they are there for you. Your mind developes a relationship with cigarettes. Your mind is not wired to give up on "friends", and your mind thinks that cigarettes are your best friend. It sounds rediculous, but its the truth.

Quitting cigarettes is the hardest thing your body can go through.
Quitting cigarettes is harder than quitting heroin, and people DIE from quitting heroin.

I appreciate the support guys, I really do. I have made it past the hardest part of the entire thing... I think I will be fine.

superb, good for you

another quote:
One of the most common reasons people give for continuing to smoke, or for going back to smoking after stopping is to relieve stress. The reality is that smokers tend to report higher levels of stress than non-smokers. After stopping smoking the level of stress in former smokers drops significantly. When you stop smoking it may feel like you are more stressed as a result of not smoking. For the first few weeks you are likely to experience mood swings and be irritable. The nicotine in cigarettes is highly addictive and these are symptoms of withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom