Slipstreaming Windows XP Service Pack 2 On A Bootable CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptiliffe

Baseband Member

Integrating Windows XP SP2 With The Windows XP Installation Procedure.

Slipstreaming is what's known as integrating an operating systems latest service pack into the installation procedure on a new bootable CD. The result is a working bootable CD of the original operating system and the integrated service pack in one. With any fresh installation, the operating system and the latest service pack will both be installed at the same time in one clean installation.

Please follow the following link for my full article on how to complete this procedure. The article will continue to be updated and added to.

http://www.geocities.com/ptiliffe

And WAY TOO LONG...it's not nearly that hard.

Start with this one:
Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Slipstreaming Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) Go to the end of step 4.

Then move over to this one(I had to use two cause I don't have Roxio 5 or 6 and 7 can NOT be used)
Slipstreaming Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Create Bootable CD - HelpWithWindows.com And pick up where is starts with:
Next, start Nero Burning ROM, and choose CD-ROM (Boot) in the New Compilation window.

Far fewer steps and works...I've done it with XP Pro and XP Home...I run a computer business, remember, and made a slipstreamed copy of XP Home for a customer. We've made three copies of XP Pro for ourselves...one for each of our computers. And we used this method. Liz

You are obviously having trouble comprehending the detailed guide. The guide is very detailed and goes into depth with great images and simplified text for those who are unfamiliar with computers.

I'm not here to argue whos is better etc etc - But hijacking another persons thread advertising your own different article or someone elses is nothing but RUDE and pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom