sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally get around 7.5 - 8.5 hours asleep a night. Its usually less on weekends, though. I'm a night person by heart, although I have to get up early for school. They should make night high school.

id like to have a job something near there... i like to be busy and everything a lil chaotic (key word little) but i also like my quiet time. but it seems like u do enjoy ur job and i know if i get one with technology i would too... i doubt i will though which is annoying at times but oh well.. i can still try :)
thanx for filling my curiosity

The main problem with the cyber culture is that is that you have this vibe of "Staying up late" and "Lack of Sleep" is a good thing.

Unfortunatly, this does not convay well with the rest of the world.
It's not a good sign when you are saying the following to you boss
Hey... you keep telling me that you don't have any shifts to give me, and yet there is a sign out the front saying that you need some one for more work.
I have been on both sides of that arguement as I nearly lost my storeman job that I had during collage.

And when I get some one that is showing up to work tired (and it's not medical or job related.), I normally give them the SHAPE UP or SHIP OUT speech as I will give people a second chance if they are going to make a change.

I have been down to some of my suppliers where i get some guy in the RMA or WHAREHOUSE department that is half a asleep. It's does not impress me.

Using the excuse of I was tired as i was up late posting on tech-forum / playing computer games / or otherwising Geeking does not go down well with employeers.

oh i didn't say itd make me happy harper, i just said im not getting paid to go to school. i do all the work i have to do and make good grades. i feel thta i do my job in school good enough to be tired if i want to be. now if u are paying me to be awake and do my job right that is a very different story. i would be awake... im a person that is very big on respect. so i feel that in respect that u dont forget to send a paycheck kus u were to tired i shouldn't fall asleep or mess up my job kus im to tired. not exactly what i mean but i think u get it for the most part...i hope so atleast

It's common sense that sleep is for your brain. It needs downtime like any CPU would. Thats why if you start staying up for days at a time you'll become dilerious and even hallucinate. Brain wants to go into a dream state even if you're still awake.

But yeah, I generally wake up around 1pm, generally go to bed around 3-4

But my sleep sucks, it's never a consistant amount of time so I get horrible rest and it makes me grumpy!

yeah i know how u feel... i dont sleep well... ive been alone since i was 8 basicly. dont have a dad, mom works nights by the time i get home shes gone to work so im used to being alone from ppl. but i find it easier to sleep if i have some one (gf that i like lol) next to me odd isn't it? ud think if u get used to something ud sleep better with it the same way.. but i wake up every hour or 2 on the weekends when i try to sleep for a long time.. but oh well itll catch up sooner or later.

Well, I used to (and still do sometimes) be able to go to sleep only if:
1. I had a running fan next to my bed.
2. My window was open.

Well, being alone wouldn't bother me all that much. I am one of those anti-social types who is, I guess you'd say, some sort of "shy", but I don't know what kind that is. I've always either had 1-2 friends to be with, or no one at all. Unfortunately, 1 of my best friends from MD moved to Hawaii and the other one is still there, so we are all kinda alone and separated.

EDIT: Now how did I manage to transition from sleeping to friends?:confused:

i wonder the same thing at times but i feel that putting a lil of ur life on here when u reply to these is a good thing lets u get to know the ppl... im a very to myself person. unless ur a friend then u just ask and i dont mind telling you.. and i only have 3 friends soo lol. but yeah it has to be completely dark and cool in my room for me to sleep. windows i like closed kus i feel like if they open every ones watchin... i like my privacy lol.

meh, has nothing to do with needing someones company in the bed, infact last time I'd try to sleep over at my gf's house I'd end up with no sleep, hurting hip bone, and a numb arm from having to keep it straight up lol

I like to flop a lot and take up the whole bed space. I HAVE to have my fan running though. I like the white noise.

I just can't stop thinking at night to go to bed. I'm tired to the point where my eyes close, but I'm thinking about like last couple days, my liquid cooling set up, how I'd set it up, where I should put it, the temps I'm hoping to get, etc..etc.. and then my brain will flash to a 'different channel' if you will, and it's like watching a crapload of commercials in my head. Freakin sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom